Author Topic: Long Sutton and March operations  (Read 1693 times)

Offline pbt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 31
    • Peterborough Bus Times
Long Sutton and March operations
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:52:41 PM »
Visited Long Sutton today - will post list of vehicles separately. The controllers there told me the official allocation is 18, of which 4 are outstationed from Peterborough for the X9 (also journeys on 36 Wisbech - Peterborough and 24A Peterborough - Orton Northgate I gather). The drivers for these 4 vehicles are provided by Long Sutton (as is breakdown cover, from today I was told). Long Sutton also has one bus outstationed at IKEA Peterborough (the other 2 being from Huntingdon I think).

The X9 workings were previously March duties so some drivers have moved from March depot to Long Sutton. March now has 9 vehicles and is still officially an outstation of Peterborough as far as the vehicles are concerned (but drivers are provided by and controlled from Long Sutton). The former Cavalier outstation at Gaul Farm off the March bypass closed last weekend.

9 vehicles is probably the most that can be accommodated in the building at March. According to my notes March depot had 6 vehicles as at June 2003 but had previously been up to 9. By May 2005 it was back up to 9 but later reduced to 7. On April 8th 2007 the allocation was reduced from 7 to 4 so latterly there has been spare space. It has sometimes been used to house the open top FLF.

Enthusiasts visiting Long Sutton should note that Stagecoach and Norfolk Green accept each others tickets on service 505 Spalding - Long Sutton - Kings Lynn, meaning that Dayrider Plus and Megarider Plus tickets are valid on both operators throughout the route. Another useful titbit is that the 1030 Wisbech - Long Sutton - Wisbech journey on the 39 (ex 384) diverts via the depot for a driver changeover at 1113, which happens outside the depot gates. The depot is 10-15 minutes walk down Seagate Lane from the stop at the Spa Shop on route 505 (just across the by-pass). The MacDonalds stop on the 39 is a few minutes walk.

Hope this is of interest.
Brendan

linkyork

Re: Long Sutton and March operations
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »
The Sunday 505 Kings Lynn-Spalding service which is worked only by Cavalier at 90 min intervals is due to go hourly from October.
Nothing has come up on VOSA yet and no dates are known.
This info is from a  Community Transport Task Group Report.

Offline Martin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:26:09 AM »
Will the Sunday service remain only being operated by Cavalier or will alternate journeys be operated by Norfolk Green?

linkyork

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »
Will the Sunday service remain only being operated by Cavalier or will alternate journeys be operated by Norfolk Green?

This email from Lincs CC
"Thank you for your email. I can confirm that the Sunday service will be hourly from
5th October and will be operated by Norfolk Green. There will be no change to the
time table or operator in the week".

Offline ChilternRover

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Don't know if it helps but Stagecoach liveried PS bodied B10M seen entering Wisbech, possibly on Cavalier service, from March/Friday Bridge direction this morning (01/09/08)

Offline Martin

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

This email from Lincs CC
"Thank you for your email. I can confirm that the Sunday service will be hourly from
5th October and will be operated by Norfolk Green. There will be no change to the
time table or operator in the week".
Thanks for that

Offline ChilternRover

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »
Observations today are 20568 at 14.00 entering Wisbech on an X9 from Chatteris.

And 16218 parked in Wisbech bus station at 16.00 with blank destination display.

linkyork

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:38:06 AM »