Author Topic: Apple vs Microsoft  (Read 9543 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1265
  • -Receive: 195
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Apple vs Microsoft
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 07:34:29 AM »
While on this topic, I would say the worst bit of software I have on my computer at the moment is Microsoft Office.
It just seems so clunky and irritating to use compared to everything else.

And, I was going to ask - to the right person this time - do you have Apple's iWork, Adam?
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Adam Dowling

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 09:10:31 AM »
Only a trial version which ran out about 3 months ago I'm afraid.
Although I do have a very good word processor called Schreiben.

delsons

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
Showing my age (yet again), back in the days of MSDOS I used to have a splendid program called Pipedream that would allow one to construct a document containing word processing, database and spreadsheet, all within the one program - no messing about switching from one program to another. It came from a small firm called Colton Software at Hardwick, but it disappeared when Windows came on the scene. 

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
Only a trial version which ran out about 3 months ago I'm afraid.
Although I do have a very good word processor called Schreiben.

See P Msg, Adam.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Adam Dowling

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »
You Mac people can feel smug. I've just had to buy a new PC because the old one refused to run peripherals without freezing up. Now I have to obtain the appropriate modem to get on the internet (we're still on slow dial up broadband here). Sadly, I have to stick with Micrs-t because Serif don't do the programmes for Apple Mac that I use. I am still stuck using my old machine for emails. Think about us poor s*ds occasionally.
I am currently running Windows 98 SE on my Macintosh-its installing as I type this. (Very slow though- taking an hour!  :o) I'm using Virtualbox, which you can download from here and It can be used to run any operating system in a window on another operating system, as long as its compatible in terms of hardware etc.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
I am currently running Windows 98 SE on my Macintosh-its installing as I type this. (Very slow though- taking an hour!  :o) I'm using Virtualbox, which you can download from here and It can be used to run any operating system in a window on another operating system, as long as its compatible in terms of hardware etc.

Well done, Adam. But why Windoze 98SE? Passed on as a freebie?

Adam Dowling

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »

Well done, Adam. But why Windoze 98SE? Passed on as a freebie?
Off my previous computer, which is currently sitting under a heap of junk in the attic. I only stopped using it last year!!! :o :o

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
Off my previous computer, which is currently sitting under a heap of junk in the attic. I only stopped using it last year!!! :o :o

"...under a heap of junk..." Adam.

Personally, I regard most - if not all - Windaz PCs as a heap of junk.  :P

PS Would you like iWork 06? (Check you PMs.)