Author Topic: Youtube uploader problem  (Read 947 times)

Adam Dowling

Youtube uploader problem
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:46:03 PM »
When I uploaded some of my videos from today onto Youtube, they processed fine but then some were listed with a "file too small" error message. Despite this one of the "smaller" files according to Youtube is actually one of the largest ones I uploaded! The file type was a unconverted AVI file straight off my camera onto youtube, strangely other videos made by that camersa uploaded fine. Can anyone help?

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 210
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Youtube uploader problem
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »
Dunno, Adam; I've not uploaded any videos to anywhere, myself.

However, when I've uploaded photos I've always imported them into the Mac and tried exporting different file-sizes and formats. One or other has always worked. (My wife uses the Facebook plugin for iPhoto when posting on her Facebook page and finds that incredibly easy to use.)

I'd suggest importing to the Mac; making a copy as a backup; fiddling with the video formats; persisting.

You come across as the sort of young man with persistence and a fair amount of technical ability: I bet you'll solve it soon.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Adam Dowling

Re: Youtube uploader problem
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »
Strange, they are now working. The youtube forums are full of this as a problem, and the solution is just to upload it again and again until it works.