Author Topic: Haverhill Bus Station  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Martin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
Haverhill Bus Station
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »
According to the Cambridge Evening News, work on improving Haverhill's bus station is due to start next week. The project initially was due to start two years ago when the Jubilee Walk area of the two was improved.

The work will apparently make the area easier to use within an improved layout and up-to-the minute travel information.

During the week bus stop pick up and drop off points may move.

Does anyone know of any operators and routes in Haverhill that actually are able to provide real time information? I can't see some of the operators having invested in it and Haverhill is served by:
  • Stagecoach
  • Hedingham and District
  • ABC Taxis
  • Four Counties Buses
  • Burtons
  • Stansted Transit
  • Mulleys

As far as I know Stagecoach haven't retro-fitted the equipment to the Tridents and Presidents that are the main stay of the 13/13A/X13 services. The Solo's used on 16/19 duties are however. This presumes though that the systems in Cambridge and Suffolk are compatible.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
Re: Haverhill Bus Station
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »
As far as I know Stagecoach haven't retro-fitted the equipment to the Tridents and Presidents that are the main stay of the 13/13A/X13 services. The Solo's used on 16/19 duties are however. This presumes though that the systems in Cambridge and Suffolk are compatible.

And Cambridge - Herts in the case of Stanstead, although I don't think there is any RTPI in Bishop's Stortford.

It may well be similar to BS and several other Herts sites, i.e. there will be a display of departures due, irrespective of the arrival or not - will there?
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Martin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Haverhill Bus Station
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »

And Cambridge - Herts in the case of Stanstead, although I don't think there is any RTPI in Bishop's Stortford.

It may well be similar to BS and several other Herts sites, i.e. there will be a display of departures due, irrespective of the arrival or not - will there?
The way the article was written (and I haven't checked the press release) implied that it would be real-time info. To me that is not showing a list of scheduled departures - that's easy  to do already. Maybe only time will tell.