Author Topic: Emblings/Judds Vehicles for Sale  (Read 11276 times)

Adam Dowling

Emblings/Judds Vehicles for Sale
« on: July 23, 2009, 12:58:03 PM »
Screenshots from Bus&Coach Buyer.
Please note I am not connected with these sales.

Can anyone identify any of the vehicles? One looks like YIL 3196 (VAV161X) but I'm not sure.

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 53
    • Flickr
Re: Emblings/Judds Vehicles for Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:08:08 PM »
Rob Sly's site reports the VRs are DNG233T, LFJ858W, SUB793W and FAO418V
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 01:53:20 PM »
The Tiger looks like XIL 8034, the Atlantean looks like NNO 66P and the liveried Olympian looks like PFM 128Y.
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Jonny

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
Why is he selling them soe's anyone know.

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »
Maybe the credit crunch is hitting Emblings or maybe we shall see newer buses between Now and the New School Year?

Offline harz99

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 0
  • Former 1940's petrol engine Canadian Ford in NZ
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 06:49:33 PM »
Maybe the credit crunch is hitting Emblings or maybe we shall see newer buses between Now and the New School Year?

Bit of both and maybe the loss of some Cambs. School contracts on retender?

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »

Bit of both and maybe the loss of some Cambs. School contracts on retender?
That could well answer some of it i supose but still getting ride of the 701 branded ECW Olly.

FF 17285

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 08:43:07 PM »
My guess is the same as harz99. At the risk of upsetting those of you still in full-time education, it won't be long until September.
(for those of more mature years, it might as well rain until then)

It's the "Gardner engined" AN68 that intrigues me. Not the most common modification...  ;)

Offline bristolsrus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 274
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:49:28 PM »
Adam,

That is most definately YIL3196 ( VAV161X) -  I cannot count the number of times I have been on that over the years !    Service 4 to London,  1's,1A's, 5's,the 6 to St.Neots,  & also  taking me to school day in day out ! Good old motor, and almost worthy of preservation in my mind, but then I am biased !!! :)     

Chris

Adam Dowling

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »
Adam,

That is most definately YIL3196 ( VAV161X) -  I cannot count the number of times I have been on that over the years !    Service 4 to London,  1's,1A's, 5's,the 6 to St.Neots,  & also  taking me to school day in day out ! Good old motor, and almost worthy of preservation in my mind, but then I am biased !!! :)     

Chris
Oh so she was used on London services then. When we visited emblings yard she didn't have London on her blinds, however she could display "14B Park and Ride". Does anyone know what that is?

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 176
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 05:33:23 AM »
Adam,

Chris
Oh so she was used on London services then. When we visited emblings yard she didn't have London on her blinds, however she could display "14B Park and Ride". Does anyone know what that is?
Cattle market - Drummer Street. It got dropped when Babraham Road site opened.
It was run commercialy by Whippet.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline Bob

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »
Adam,

Chris

OK, so who spent their time playing with blinds? ;)

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »
Interestingly PFM 128Y has not been seen on 701 this week. Bristol VRT FKM 867V has been operating in its place.
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Adam Dowling

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
Adam,

Chris

Oh, one or two people ;)

Offline Bob

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
Adam,

Chris

Oh, one or two people ;)

<shakes head in dismay>

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 12:08:26 PM »
Playing with destination blinds ? Shocking, isn't it ?  :D

Offline Bob

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »
Playing with destination blinds ? Shocking, isn't it ?  :D

:)

AlanThompson28

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
The Scania/Berkhof is HIL 6457, the DAF Paramount TXI 2424 and the Volvo B10 Paramount is most likely YIL 3205.

Its no big secret that they lost out on the school contract tenders, time will tell if some are relinquished by the 'new' operators or assistance requested.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2171
  • -Receive: 241
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
However...

I seem to remember chatting to one of the Emblings/Judds staff at Showbus 2008.

Now, if I remember rightly, I think I was told that all the VRs would have to be sold within the year as they were unsuitable for fitting the seat-belts which are increasingly demanded for schools' contract work.

Quote from: DfT
Legislation requires seatbelts to be fitted on minibuses and coaches, though not on buses, used to transport three or more children on an organised journey. Scheme organisers should be guided by parents' concerns and contract an appropriate vehicle. The general practice is to use buses on local journeys in urban areas and to hire coaches for school trips when a teacher is available to ensure that the seatbelts are used correctly.

Many local authorities now insist on vehicles with seat-belts.

More here: DfT: Increasing bus use for journeys to school: a guide to best practice
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 176
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »
Adam,

Chris
Cattle market - Drummer Street. It got dropped when Babraham Road site opened.
It was run commercialy by Whippet.

KJD 271P is seen loading up at thhe cattle market (otherwise known as Clifton Road) or in older money P&R south
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline ViscountMerryweather

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 57
  • Managing Director - Viscount Travel Ltd
    • Eastern Bus Enthusiasts
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
Does anybody know what year NNO 66P (Leyland Atlantean) was built?
Nathan Merryweather

Managing Director
Viscount Bus & Coach Company Ltd.
Company number 10829666

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 53
    • Flickr
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
BLOTW says 5/1976
HTH
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »
BLOTW says 5/1976
HTH
aha. May 1976 thanks.
Nathan Merryweather

Managing Director
Company number 10829666

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 129
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 11:53:52 AM »

Shame, as until the local authorities insist on the little darlings actually wearing them, they are a complete waste of time and money...

Adam Dowling

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »

Shame, as until the local authorities insist on the little darlings actually wearing them, they are a complete waste of time and money...
Agreed, it was nearly four years ago now that I was a passenger on a schoolbus. The vehicles used were S-BCE or R-DRP Olympians, and if we were lucky we got R581 JVA (!) which we had for about a month. After one idiot sitting upstairs smacked his head on a seatback when our bus was forced to do an emergency stop, his parents and several others complained to Stagecoach about the buses not being fitted with seatbelts. Therefore, for 2 months after that we had to suffer the L-HSG B10M's-which seated 55. Just what you need for a contract that requires a 75 seater. And no, no-one wore the seatbelts!

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2171
  • -Receive: 241
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 12:15:07 PM »
... seat-belts ... are increasingly demanded for schools' contract work.
Quote from: DfT
Legislation requires seatbelts to be fitted on minibuses and coaches, though not on buses, used to transport three or more children on an organised journey. Scheme organisers should be guided by parents' concerns and contract an appropriate vehicle. The general practice is to use buses on local journeys in urban areas and to hire coaches for school trips when a teacher is available to ensure that the seatbelts are used correctly.
More here: DfT: Increasing bus use for journeys to school: a guide to best practice
Agreed, it was nearly four years ago now that I was a passenger on a schoolbus. The vehicles used were S-BCE or R-DRP Olympians, and if we were lucky we got R581 JVA (!) which we had for about a month. After one idiot sitting upstairs smacked his head on a seatback when our bus was forced to do an emergency stop, his parents and several others complained to Stagecoach about the buses not being fitted with seatbelts. Therefore, for 2 months after that we had to suffer the L-HSG B10M's-which seated 55. Just what you need for a contract that requires a 75 seater. And no, no-one wore the seatbelts!

Ah, but that's at high schools and 6th-form colleges.

Primary school contracts carry a (CRB enhanced-checked) guardian/supervisor who checks that each tiddly-tot is securely strapped in and will report to parents and to schools if any child is un-co-operative.

The primary schools which I work with take behaviour on buses seriously and will contact parents even though, technically, the kiddie-winkies are beyond the school's (as distinct from the education authority's) responsibility on the bus.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Screenshots from Bus&Coach Buyer.

Leyland Atlantean NNO66P has been sold for some months now.
and only 2 VRs are left.
Nathan Merryweather

Managing Director
Company number 10829666

Adam Dowling

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 08:23:39 PM »
DNG233T is now working for a company in Devon called Riverlink, still in full Judds livery complete with fleetnames!
http://beamsey.fotopic.net/p61156018.html

Offline bristolsrus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 274
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »
Don't think its been mentioned in this thread but FAO418V went for use as a non PCV in Melbourn - as a bric a brac shop.    If anyone spots YIL3196 out & about please mention it on group - cheers.   I think it may have left Guyhirn now though.

AlanThompson28

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »

YIL3196 still resides in the yard awaiting collection.

To set the record straight there are 4 VR's still in the fleet -

FKM 867V, AUD 460R, HAH 238V and open topper BKE 861T.