Author Topic: Metrobuses & Titans  (Read 2496 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Metrobuses & Titans
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »
Route H1 (Harlow to Loughton) has been operated by Imperial since 2001. From the beginning they used Metrobuses and Titans, and until 2008 this was the case. They seemed to disappear from 2009, and now Volvo Olympians, Dennis Darts and Marshal Capitals are the main allocation.
Does anyone know what has happend to the Metrobuses and Titans (and the Leyland Olympians). I havent seen from Buses Magazine fleet news or any other sources that they have got rid of them.

Offline harz99

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 0
  • Former 1940's petrol engine Canadian Ford in NZ
Re: Metrobuses & Titans
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »
Have you tried contacting them direct via the contact form on their website www.imperialbus.co.uk ?

Memory tells me that they also had an MD class Metropolitan at one time.

Offline bristolsrus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 274
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Morning Harz99 & everybody,

You are right, Imperial had ex Whippet KJD271P for sometime,  I remember going on it, whilst it was working a shuttle service at the North Weald rally one year.

Chris

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:13:46 PM »
I believe that the Leyland Olympains are still around. G515VBB however losts 95% of its vinals some years back
Bus/Coach of the Week: Roadrunner Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer SLF P301AYJ.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
I believe that the Leyland Olympains are still around. G515VBB however losts 95% of its vinals some years back

Oh yes, at least two of those Olympians are still around. They are Northern Counties bodied and ex-Kentish Bus and Arriva. I recently travelled on one to Harlow, and are in quite good condition (for Imperial's standards  ;D) for G-reg buses.
They used to have a Roe bodied Olympian which were ex-Lothian. I havent seen them for a while.

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
The Olympians are in good condition, especially for their age, and it makes some of Arriva newer vehicles look a bit untidy.

I think the Olympain with the Roe body is still around.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
Heres a picture I havent seen before:

Titan NUW573Y 'Spirit of Loughton' at Epping Station in 2003

http://gallery41664.fotopic.net/p61653240.html

These were the early (ish) days of the H1 (which started in 2001) when Imperial kept thier buses in good condition, and kept the route branding on.

I believe this bus has now scrapped  :-\

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »
Happy times turn into sad times!

FF 17285

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
What's the identity of the Roe-bodied Olympian? I remember Lothian Regional Transport taking several ECW examples, but can't recall any Roes offhand.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »
What's the identity of the Roe-bodied Olympian? I remember Lothian Regional Transport taking several ECW examples, but can't recall any Roes offhand.

The Roe-bodied Olympian was B275LPH. I think your right about Lothian not having Roe-bodied Olympians- after a quick internet search, it seems B275LPH is of London & Country origin (and was later Arriva, then Imperial)...also, the destination box layout doesnt seem to be a Lotian style.

There were also ECW-bodied Olympians A231YWJ and B760GSC. B760GSC was the ex-Lotian Olympian.

Its a shame i never got to ride these magnificent Olympians, especially the ex-Lothian one. The only time i began using the H1 route was just about the time they were withdrawing the older types (so only got to ride on of the Titans once, and a couple of times some of the Metrobuses which were in a bad state at the time)