Author Topic: IB SOTD Autumn 2009  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 546
    • ScotBus
IB SOTD Autumn 2009
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:12:33 AM »
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: IB SOTD Autumn 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
An Imperial Buses Northern Counties Olympian at Woodford Wells this afternoon.
Most likely on a school contract, though never seen it before here
And Woodford is part of the LEZ-complaint area, so wouldnt have thought these Olympians would be compliant!

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: IB SOTD Autumn 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
According to the Eastern Traffic Area Notices and Proceedings posted on this forum, Imperial Buses route H1 (Loughton to Harlow) will be withdrawn from 19th December 2009.

This will be a sad day for me, as this is one of my favourite routes. I must say I have noticed this service has deterioated alot the past year or so, and the buses arn't in very good condition.

Im just wondering about the Harlow College students who use this service from Loughton and Debden to get to the college. Now, they will have to either walk or catch a bus to Debden or Loughton stations, pay the high fare to get the tube to epping, then pay incredibly high fares to get to Harlow. I wouldnt like to spend that money every day!!

I have also noticed less passengers are using the service, there have been many times where i have rode this bus empty all the way between Harlow and Loughton. I must admit, I think the Underground combined with other bus services in Epping have taken away most of the business. It is much quicker to jump on the tube, then get a better quality service from Epping, instead of using dirty old buses which take forever.

Also, why is Imperial Buses now registered to Wisbech PE14 8SH? This is only a small independent bus company in Rainham!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:15:14 PM by alex1234 »