Author Topic: Route 804  (Read 1682 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Route 804
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »
Route 804 is a commercial route operating between Debden Station and Loughton Station. In the mornings and afternoons, it is extended to Chigwell West Hatch School and Buckhurst Hill Monkhams Inn for school journeys. The PVR is just one bus, with another bus joining for the school journey. The second bus is shared with the route 575 operations (Epping to Romford and lakeside).
Anyway, apparently in December time, Essex CC are removing the subsidy for the school journeys. If this happens, Blue Triangle are likely to remove the commercial Loughton and Debden daytime journeys. 
This will be a problem, as route 804 removes some of the overcrowding from routes 20 and 167  Route 167 will be hit the worst, seeing as as its already overcrowded during both peaks and non-peaks anyway.

Its also going to be a problem for students going to West Hatch, without the 804 students will have to either get the 167 to Chigwell station (or the tube to Chigwell, which invloves changing at Woodford), and walk a very long way to West Hatch School.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: Route 804
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
It is in fact true that Essex CC are removing the funding for this route. From 12th April (after Easter school hols) the journeys between Loughton and Debden between school hours, and the return school journey between Buckhurst Hill 'Monkhams Inn' and Debden will be withdrawn. This means there will now only be one return jschool journey between Debden Station and West Hatch High School via Loughton, Buckhurst Hill and Chigwell.
This is a shame, as this means more pressure will be put on the 20 and 167 routes (the 804 operates the same route between Loughton and Debden), especially during school peaks.. Also, this route has been running since at least the late 80s when BT first emerged (although it was renumbered 804 from 204 a few years back). Despite being quite a low key route, this is one of Blue Triangle's longest running routes. Its the end of an era.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: Route 804
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
The new TfL timetable has been produced for the revised 804, with just one return journey operating to Chigwell 'West Hatch High School'. Its sad for me to see  :(  ;D

http://www.busmap.org/tt4/804.pdf