Author Topic: Regal Busways night services  (Read 1893 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Regal Busways night services
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
Regal Busways have started operating night bus services N1 and N2 from Canvey Island, Brentwood and Billericay to Basildon (Festival Leisure Park) on Friday and Saturday nights.

I wont like to be the driver if im honest, a bus full of drunk people of Essex... ;D hmm

Anyway, heres a picture of X211 ONH (not 611 as it says on the caption!) on the N2 in Billericay:

http://kevin-smith.fotopic.net/p61353927.html

Completley empty, but its early days of operation, so its hardly surprising

To be honest, I cant see the routes working. Essex is dead at night (despite many night clubs around) and it must be expensive to run....I wouldnt have thought drivers would be easy to find for these routes!

Anyway, I hope the routes do become succesful, as Regal Busways deserves it...they seem to put alot of hard work in to running the business!

Adam Dowling

Re: Regal Busways night services
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
I wouldnt have thought drivers would be easy to find for these routes!
With the way the jobs market is at the moment, drivers would have been pretty easy to find, believe me!

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »
Night buses seem to be a good idea. But I wounder- how long will they last? Trustline/Trustybus operated a night service in Bishop's Stortford in conjunction with H20 Nightclub- but the route went after only a couple of months operation. P10TLS still carries the blinds for this servive (I think), maybe no body was using the service- or the H20 shut down- I just don't know
Bus/Coach of the Week: Roadrunner Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer SLF P301AYJ.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »
There was also Travel with Hunny's N55 service between Loughton & harlow (followed same route as 55).

I think that only lasted from October 2008 to Jan/Feb 2009