Author Topic: New ticket machines  (Read 3607 times)

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 38
New ticket machines
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »
With effect from Monday 12th April First Northampton have been using Almex Optima ticket machines instead of Wayfarer 3.

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 27
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
Re: New ticket machines
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »
With effect from Monday 12th April First Northampton have been using Almex Optima ticket machines instead of Wayfarer 3.
Odd i was going to mention this but the Solos that run the Wellingborough services appeared with these in late March seems odd to why they have upgraded but then again i suppose Leicester has followed or are about to.

Adam Dowling

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:02:24 AM »
Now all First Northampton need are some new buses to fit their shiny new Almexes to :D

• Thank You
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:11:03 AM »
Now all First Northampton need are some new buses to fit their shiny new Almexes to :D
LOL! Keep Dreaming  ;) ;) ;) Unless you would prefer Volvo Citybuses sent from First to Stagecoach for your Enviro 200's then again actually i don't think it would be much of an improvement haha for Northampton LOL!!!!!!

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
I understand that these new ticket machines may well be worth more than some of the buses they are being fitted to.......

;D

Dale

• Thank You
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »
I understand that these new ticket machines may well be worth more than some of the buses they are being fitted to.......

;D

Dale

LOL  ;D

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
Dale

You are probably quite in your assumption, but then again, what is the point in sending new buses to Northampton when it is pretty certain that "bloody" Leicester will find some excuse to snaffle them as they did with the last lot in 2005 !! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

• Thank You
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
"bloody" Leicester will find some excuse to snaffle them as they did with the last lot in 2005 !! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Thats summed it all up in a nut shell i have to say there was a time Northampton had a amazing fleet but its just gone down hill over the last decade really  ::)

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »
There was a time many moons ago that Northampton Transport was reputed to be one of the most profitable bus companies in the country...

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 07:01:30 AM »
Ah yes, I recall those wonderful times.

I think that must have been pre-First Group..............

::)

Dale

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »
Before GRT waded in and bought them, sent it's Olympians up to Scotland and bought a few more VRs.
Obviously if Northampton was allocated some new buses now, Leicester would moan that one of it's routes needs a higher frequency and demand the new buses be sent there after about a week in service in Northampton.
East Londoner

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
I wouldn't worry so much - First in Leicester is steadily heading in the same general direction as First in Northampton. It seems that the 'New' M D (about the 4th in so many years?) must be ensuring that any lack of progress/common sense should now be evenly distributed amongst his subsidiary units..............

::)

Dale

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »
A002RBX

Very true, the small victory I achieved was after protracted conversations with Ian Humphries (Director) at the time was to get 66615 (J115 MRP) taken out of service.

This single deck Volvo was a disgrace even by First's deplorable standards at the time, it had not even received a repaint from the original Grampian livery
and had dents in just about every panel and yet it was in all day every day service, I told Mr. Humphries it was a disgrace and was amazed when he rang me to say that the vehicle's MOT was due to expire and would not be renewed.

Pity he left for pastures new soon after otherwise I might be able to effect a few more withdrawals !!! ::) ::) ::)

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
..........and yet that really wasn't a very old machine, particularly for a Volvo. Many operators are still using J-reg buses now so why First Northampton couldn't have made a bit more of an effort is beyond me [or is it really..........]

Dale

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »
..........and yet that really wasn't a very old machine, particularly for a Volvo. Many operators are still using J-reg buses now so why First Northampton couldn't have made a bit more of an effort is beyond me [or is it really..........]

Dale

Er... Dale, this is First Northampton we're talking about!!!  :D :D :D :D
East Londoner