Author Topic: "New" buses for Northampton soon??  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
"New" buses for Northampton soon??
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
It has occurred to me that Northampton might soon be getting some "new" buses, namely the ones that Leicester stole from us in 2005, they are now coming up to 5/6 years old, surely much too old for Leicester.

But quite good enough for Northampton, after all First's motto has always been "anything is good enough for Northampton".

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
Re: "New" buses for Northampton soon??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »
...........except many of them went on to Worcester!

Dale

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:31:48 PM »
Dale

You don't mean to tell me that Leicester actually let some of them go, I would have thought they'd have been grubbing around to see if there were any more new vehicles they could snaffle from other group constituents including Worcester !!!

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »
Funnily enough I was in Worcester today - not only those Volvo B7 saloons 'stolen' from Northampton but also those 5 Dennis Tridents that were bought for Redditch but first of all toured around Northampton and Leicester before eventually heading west.

Worcester did have at least one M-reg Lance still in service.

Dale

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
Dale

Yes I remember the Tridents when they were in everyday service in Northampton, but we always were aware that they were only here on a temporary basis due to some overhanging trees prohibiting their use on routes in, I think, Redditch and there was some inexplicable delay in getting the offending trees pruned back so we had them for some time.

At one point they were sent back to Redditch but soon returned to Northampton and spent a further short time in service here.