Author Topic: Arriva London SOTD Spring 2010  (Read 2578 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Arriva London SOTD Spring 2010
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »
DLA30 (S230JUA) is now at Edmonton garage (EC), and has been spotted on the 20.
This joins similar DLA24 (S224JUA) at EC.
These older DLAs are on their last legs in London, being over 10 years old. They are floats the help cover for the refurbishment of the 03 reg DLAs.
Y-reg DLAs also operate at EC, but these wont be refurbished as they are getting quite old.

Also spotted in Loughton, Arriva London trainer DLA37 (S237JUA). Painted in the all-over white Arriva London training livery. This trainer bus is allocated to Enfield (E)

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Arriva London SOTD Spring 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
DLA30 (S230JUA) is now at Edmonton garage (EC), and has been spotted on the 20.
This joins similar DLA24 (S224JUA) at EC.
These older DLAs are on their last legs in London, being over 10 years old. They are floats the help cover for the refurbishment of the 03 reg DLAs.
Y-reg DLAs also operate at EC, but these wont be refurbished as they are getting quite old.

Also spotted in Loughton, Arriva London trainer DLA37 (S237JUA). Painted in the all-over white Arriva London training livery. This trainer bus is allocated to Enfield (E)
I may try and catch one of these in August. I don't suppose route 275 has them as strays?
The'll be 12 years old in November. I'd have thought the LEZ would have sent them out of London?
East Londoner

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »
I may try and catch one of these in August. I don't suppose route 275 has them as strays?
The'll be 12 years old in November. I'd have thought the LEZ would have sent them out of London?

DLA24 and DLA30 are LEZ complaint until 2011, so they may stay with Arriva London for a while more, although they are only here to cover for the refurbishment, so might not be here for much longer. Also, many S-reg DLAs from other Arriva London garages have already moved out of London, notably Liverpool.
The Y-reg DLAs at Edmonton are compliant until October this year, and some are complaint up to 2011. The 03-reg DLAs are complaint until at least 2012. I got this info by typing the registrations into TfL's LEZ Compliance Checker. Although, I think the LEZ compliance can change, from Arriva altering the engines or whatever...not sure.
The 275 is also run by Arriva, but not from Edmonton garage. Its run from Barking (DX). Barking does has some old S-reg DLAs, but they are used on school routes. There is a chance of one straying on to the 275, but very unlikely.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 08:57:41 AM »

DLA24 and DLA30 are LEZ complaint until 2011, so they may stay with Arriva London for a while more, although they are only here to cover for the refurbishment, so might not be here for much longer. Also, many S-reg DLAs from other Arriva London garages have already moved out of London, notably Liverpool.
The Y-reg DLAs at Edmonton are compliant until October this year, and some are complaint up to 2011. The 03-reg DLAs are complaint until at least 2012. I got this info by typing the registrations into TfL's LEZ Compliance Checker. Although, I think the LEZ compliance can change, from Arriva altering the engines or whatever...not sure.
The 275 is also run by Arriva, but not from Edmonton garage. Its run from Barking (DX). Barking does has some old S-reg DLAs, but they are used on school routes. There is a chance of one straying on to the 275, but very unlikely.
I don't think that Compliance Checker is particularily reliable. I have searched the registrations of random members of the T and V reg Metroline Tridents, and the dates for non-compliance are all over the place, despite all the buses being built at around the same time, and having the same engines.
East Londoner

Offline jdb35000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
I think the different dates given by the compliance checker is due to pre october 2001 vehicles requiring a yearly test and certificate to ensure the comply with the current LEZ standards. Newer Euro3 vehicles do not require a certificate every year but are only compliant until 2012

Offline jrdpod

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
Enviro 200 ENL 59 on 173 on 20/6/10. The 173 currently uses PDL class SLF/Pointers with the odd ADL SLF/ALX.
I understand that ENLs will become more common when the renewed 173 TfL contract commences later in 2010.

Regards
John Podgorski.
www.busmopolitan.org