Author Topic: Service 700 - question  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Service 700 - question
« on: July 04, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »
Is the 700 entirely ran by the Centrebus Harlow base, or is it partly ran by the Centrebus Hertfordshire (i.e. Stevenage) base?

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: Service 700 - question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »
As far as I know, it is entirely run from Harlow, although I can't be 100% on this. It would make sense for it to be run from Stevenage, so unless it hasn't been already partly/completley allocated to Stevenage then I think Centrebus should consider it.

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
Looking at the timetable, it would make sense for the whole thing to be ran entirely by Stevenage, as the vehicles start/end there and the overwhelming majority of layover falls at the Stevenage end.  Some of the layovers at Stevenage are as long as 70min, so running it from Stevenage would remove the need to pay drivers for this time.

As far as I know, it is entirely run from Harlow, although I can't be 100% on this. It would make sense for it to be run from Stevenage, so unless it hasn't been already partly/completley allocated to Stevenage then I think Centrebus should consider it.

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 119
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
Ironically the 700 moved from Harlow to Stevenage yesterday (4th July).  This probably would have happened earlier but for the issue of Euro hours, the 700 is the only service anywhere in Centrebus which is under Euro hours so there is the issue of spare vehicles (with tachos) and driver & supervisor training to be carried out before any change can occurr.  Harlow, of course, having experience of Euro Hours with the private hire side also working from there.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »
Ironically the 700 moved from Harlow to Stevenage yesterday (4th July).  This probably would have happened earlier but for the issue of Euro hours, the 700 is the only service anywhere in Centrebus which is under Euro hours so there is the issue of spare vehicles (with tachos) and driver & supervisor training to be carried out before any change can occurr.  Harlow, of course, having experience of Euro Hours with the private hire side also working from there.

That is a coincidence! Maybe Graeme has a sixth sense!  ;D

And don't you mean the 700 is over the Euro hours? Sorry i don't have much knowledge about the whole Euro hours thing.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 542
  • -Receive: 92
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »
Euro hours apply to routes over 50Km - about 31 miles.  Almost all coach work comes under the European rules. A driver can't change from Euro to domestic rules easily. The rules are more restrictive as well as requiring the use of tachos.

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 119
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 08:56:56 AM »

That is a coincidence! Maybe Graeme has a sixth sense!  ;D

And don't you mean the 700 is over the Euro hours? Sorry i don't have much knowledge about the whole Euro hours thing.

What I meant was that the 700 falls under the remit of Euro hours legislation (one of those sentances which makes perfect sense when you right it but can be read in the opposite manner of what was meant) rather than being under Domestic hours legislation - perhaps I should have used 'covered by' to be clearer, it's just so much hassle hitting the keys 5 extra times ;D.