Author Topic: Poor service levels  (Read 1063 times)

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
Poor service levels
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »
I noticed today (17th) that service intervals were not being maintained on some of First's routes. On the Kings Heath services 29/30, a bus was driven off the bay in Greyfriars "Not in service", and the remaining disgruntled passengers who had not opted for the Meridian Bus competing service 31 were treated to a Solo on the following journey, and hence was very overcrowded. I overheard a passenger telling another that the situation yesterday had been much the same. Service 4 to Kingsthorpe also seemed to be less than perfect. I assume that driver shortage is the reason behind this.

Maybe this is the norm for First in Northampton - I cannot say as I don't usually take too much notice of their operations, and almost never use their buses, but as stated on this forum on previous occasions, if they cannot provide the advertised service levels, they should give up in Northampton and leave it to those who can (and I exclude Meridian from the list of contenders, as they are sometimes 1 bus missing from the 2-bus service 31).

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Poor service levels
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
I noticed today (17th) that service intervals were not being maintained on some of First's routes. On the Kings Heath services 29/30, a bus was driven off the bay in Greyfriars "Not in service", and the remaining disgruntled passengers who had not opted for the Meridian Bus competing service 31 were treated to a Solo on the following journey, and hence was very overcrowded. I overheard a passenger telling another that the situation yesterday had been much the same. Service 4 to Kingsthorpe also seemed to be less than perfect. I assume that driver shortage is the reason behind this.

Maybe this is the norm for First in Northampton - I cannot say as I don't usually take too much notice of their operations, and almost never use their buses, but as stated on this forum on previous occasions, if they cannot provide the advertised service levels, they should give up in Northampton and leave it to those who can (and I exclude Meridian from the list of contenders, as they are sometimes 1 bus missing from the 2-bus service 31).
I'm afraid that is the norm for First Northampton.
East Londoner

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Poor service levels
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
Last month when I was there the 4/A had a Gemini, a Citybus and a Solo in addition to the usual saloons.

Dale