Author Topic: Northampton Bus Service Changes  (Read 10680 times)

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
Northampton Bus Service Changes
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
Firstly I start with a quote from the Managing Director of First Northampton

"Our services play an important part in the life of Northampton, offering you a real alternative to using the car, whether you are travelling to work, shopping, visiting the hospital or going to university. We can also transport you to and from the major events in the town."

I read this with great interest as a resident of Upton and therefore affected by the cuts on the 19th September. When First took over the 22 from MK Metro (as it was then), it amalgamated its original 27 into the new route 22 and offered us Optare Solo's cascaded from First Worcester. The majority of them buses were often full when it got to my stop causing me to stand for my twenty minute journey into town. The return journey passing through the Rail Station and St. James took on loads of Jimmy's End passengers causing once again standing loads for those going further.

The reason for the small buses given getting through the estate of St. Crispins, the bigger buses can't do it. Since then the Solos have been replaced on most journeys by longer Wright bodies Volvo's, with the same parking to deal with and the same route. Now Volvo Citybuses seemed to be used a lot on the service turning away the regular pushchairs, mobility impaired and elderly with the high steps. So going back on my original quote a real alternative for using the car, I very much doubt it.

As for Stagecoach's offering of its replacement, the frequency has been reduced to running every 30 minutes, there is no evening or Sunday service, the area I live in has no shops, so we have to walk to Sainsbury's if you don't have a car, there is of course the garage forecourt, but as this was taken over by Marks and Spencer it is increasingly expensive too. So for an area built as an eco community, pretty rough really.

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Northampton Bus Service Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »
Given that the MD is also responsible for Leicester, the Potteries and the Worcester/Redditch areas, I doubt that he actually knows anything much about Northampton, so perhaps his comments should be amended to read:-

'Our services used to play an important part in the life of Northampton. Then we became part of the First 'Transforming Travel' Group'.

::)

Dale

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »
From VOSA website this week :-

PF0007071/219 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Variation Accepted: Operating between East Hunsbury and Parklands given service number 14 effective from 24-Oct-2010. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0007071/295 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Northampton Bus Station
Finish Point: Kingsley
Via:
Service Number: 11
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 25-OCT-2010
Other Details: Monday-Saturdays hourly service

PF0007071/292 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted by SN
Finish Point: Pinehams
Via:
Service Number: 50
Effective Date: 19-SEP-2010
Other Details: Daily service with 7-8 return journeys a day to match shift finishing times

PF0007071/294 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted by SN
Finish Point: Rye Hill
Via:
Service Number: 3
Effective Date: 19-SEP-2010
Other Details: Half hourly service Monday-Saturdays

As well as the impending takeover of FN routes 5/22/27 it would appear that Stagecoach are also taking most of Arriva's work as well. I would imagine that this will be the end of their outstation in Northampton, as they will have lost virtually all their work to other operators (Stagecoach & Souls).

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
From the registrations listed this will still leave Harpole without a service when Arriva stop operating service 21 in two weeks time.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 64
  • The Best Bus ever Built, Fact!!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »
From the registrations listed this will still leave Harpole without a service when Arriva stop operating service 21 in two weeks time.

I was told that by an Arriva Driver earlier, but apparently the CC are in talks with an operator with a view of providing a limited service to the Village.

However also he told me that it was Souls taking over the 21 not Country Lion, either way, it'll be interesting to see what Vehicles will work these services, as each either company have only got 2 suitable vehicles each, but i haven't see the E300 on the 19 for two weeks now, it has been the prototype E200 daily (A Collingtree Coach must have been used on the 18, which is the usual when either enviro is unavailable).

Country Lion have only the two Darts plus the Doubles, but i dont think that they would be able to get down St Georges Ave because of the Trees. shame i wouldn't have minded a ride home on the VR  ;D

Could be an interesting morning on the Monday, i'll have to pop downa nd have a look

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
From what I understand with the University services,

18 - University - Weston Favell - Is being taken over by Country Lion (currently the operator is Souls)
19/21 os going to be totally operated by Souls however a Sunday service (hourly) to be operated by Country Lion.
20 - Has been discontinued.

Country Lion did have two buses P4 and P5 CLN (the first ever Lo-Liners in Northampton), that are appropriate for this route, although may purchase something new. They have an interesting array of new vehicles, but since their move I no longer see them about as much.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »

As well as the impending takeover of FN routes 5/22/27 it would appear that Stagecoach are also taking most of Arriva's work as well. I would imagine that this will be the end of their outstation in Northampton, as they will have lost virtually all their work to other operators (Stagecoach & Souls).

the Driver did say rthat the Outstation at Billing is closing, the vehicle for the 11 is to be provided directly from Milton Keynes, possibly coming up on the 33

Offline AN68

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:51 PM »
An additional University service  will be the 10, between Sixfields and the University, via Bants Lane, Mill Lane, left turn at teapot Hotel, branch left up Welford Road, right into Acre Lane by Buddies, right into Birch Barn Way, right onto A508 opposite Cemetary entrance, up Holly Lodge Drive, right along Yardley Drive to University and reverse. This service will be operated by Country Lion, hourly Mondays-Fridays between 0800 and 1830.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:14:06 PM by AN68 »

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »

PF0007071/219 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Variation Accepted: Operating between East Hunsbury and Parklands given service number 14 effective from 24-Oct-2010. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0007071/295 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted
Finish Point: Kingsley
Via:
Other Details: Monday-Saturdays hourly service

Then yesterday's VOSA registrations showed the following :-

PF0007048/31 - COUNTRY LION (NORTHAMPTON) LTD, 87-89 ST. JAMES MILL ROAD, NORTHAMPTON, NN5 5JP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Spinney Hill Road
Finish Point: Greyfriars Bus Station
Via: kettering Road, Links View, Kingsley, Kingsley park
Other Details: Monday to Friday as per attached timetable

A previous post on this thread gave to understand that Arriva would continue running the 11. This is very confusing as we now also have Stagecoach and CL registrations for the 11, as well as a potential service 14 to Parklands (maybe running via Park Avenue North as this route did in NCT days ?).

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 12:32:04 AM »
So what is Country Lion getting to operate these services.

Speaking to one of their drivers yesterday it iis extremely rare of this company to now buy second hand. There has been some major developments in its coaching fleet, running under it's Cloud Nine brand as well as in its own colours. P4 and P5 are getting a bit long in the tooth now, but I've still seen them on the 6 and the 110. The 108 often sees a Cheetah.

Reading the number for the route 10 it promises a low-floor, I think this is a requirement with all new contracts.

So with the 18, 10 6 and now 11 that sounds like a PVR of at least three buses. Obviously taking the opportunity to fill up their new depot in Brackmills.

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 27
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
Unless they make more use of the Marshall Dart?

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »
As for Stagecoach's offering of its replacement, the frequency has been reduced to running every 30 minutes, there is no evening or Sunday service, the area I live in has no shops, so we have to walk to Sainsbury's if you don't have a car, there is of course the garage forecourt, but as this was taken over by Marks and Spencer it is increasingly expensive too. So for an area built as an eco community, pretty rough really.

Timetables for all the new services except the 50 are now on the Stagecoach website.

Ref the above post about no Sunday/evening services on the 22 - someone out there must be listening, as there is an evenings & Sundays service 22A, running hourly. There is also mention of Harpole being served by the D3.

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
In reference to the confusion of the 11.

I heard tonight that the 11 is going to be operated by Stagecoach Monday to Friday, with Country Lion operating the Saturday service.

However the VOSA registrations don't show this as both operators have registered a Monday to Saturday service.

I did have a drive up to Oxwich Close, to the depot of Country Lion to see if any new buses seem to be present, a lot of the new yard is hidden by trees but nothing brand new could be seen. Country Lion are operating out of two depot at the moment, Oxwich Close Brackmills where the fleet seems to be based, and the original depot in St. James Mill Road, however I understand that is purely offices.

Previously when Country Lion had had new vehicles delivered they have been known to be stored inside the buildings having preparation work being done prior to entering service, or preparation of vehicle for resprays which are often done by other local companies.

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 01:14:16 AM »
Just had a look at what is left of First Northampton - what is the point of First continuing to strangle the routes they retain?  The 2/4/4a/12/28/29/30 between them seem to require about 22 or 23 buses.  It hardly seems worth keeping such a small base that is distinctly separated geographically from all of First's other businesses.  Everything is off the road by 9pm and off completely on a Sunday (a day Stagecoach regularly had standing loads on the 1 when I lived there, resulting in them upping the frequency to every 20min), and the 12, 28 and even the 4 outside UCN term times are off the road by 7pm or earlier.  Their Northampton operations seem to get more disgraceful by the year.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 02:05:14 AM »
 I think they are only hanging around for Nuisance value, and wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually pull out (Fingers Crossed), if this happens then i wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see Centrebus appear to take over the remaining services.

As the Commision probably wouldn't let Stagecoach hold such a monopoly in Northampton, and Arriva appear to be Abandoning Northampton altogether, where as Northampton is on teh M1 "Corridor" that Centrebus seem to favour

This is pure speculation on my behlf, but lets see  ;)

Offline AN68

• Thank You
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »
Graeme, whilst not wishing to defend First's terrible service standards, I feel that I must correct a couple of points in your posting. First operate half hourly services on the 2, 4, 4A, 29 & 30 and an hourly service on the 12 on Sundays. The 4 is not off the road by 7 pm during University closures, the only chage is that the later journeys do not take the short detour into the University grounds.

With regards to the forthcoming changes to service 11, Stagecoach's registration is for an hourly Monday - Saturday service, whilst Country Lion's is for "Monday - Friday as per attached timetable."  I suspect that this means that Country Lion may just be operating a couple of journeys early morning or late evening.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:05:48 PM by AN68 »

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »
Steve,

I've come round to the idea over recent years that it's all just too embarrassing for First Group/Moir Lockhead to be seen to actually sell off a part of their business to what would, most likely, be a direct competitor. Far better to let the business gradually fade away through lack of investment, initiative, management - and common sense!!

Ironically, it also rather harks back to the strange First Group policy on bus sales - their accountants prefer to let them rot for years until the book value is more 'acceptable'.

The less-used routes are gone and those remaining don't seem to get much 'TLC' so it might not take too much more to allow someone like Centrebus (Arriva) to march in. They seem to quite like 'stitching up' First (Leicester, Leeds, Halifax etc), but only time will tell.

Dale

I think they are only hanging around for Nuisance value, and wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually pull out (Fingers Crossed), if this happens then i wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see Centrebus appear to take over the remaining services.

As the Commision probably wouldn't let Stagecoach hold such a monopoly in Northampton, and Arriva appear to be Abandoning Northampton altogether, where as Northampton is on teh M1 "Corridor" that Centrebus seem to favour

This is pure speculation on my behlf, but lets see  ;)

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
I had forgotten about that, as they did nothing when i lived there.

It is actually Graeme, as per how I spelt it on the e-mail.

Grahame, whilst not wishing to defend First's terrible service standards, I feel that I must correct a couple of points in your posting. First operate half hourly services on the 2, 4, 4A, 29 & 30 and an hourly service on the 12 on Sundays. The 4 is not off the road by 7 pm during University closures, the only chage is that the later journeys do not take the short detour into the University grounds.

With regards to the forthcoming changes to service 11, Stagecoach's registration is for an hourly Monday - Saturday service, whilst Country Lion's is for "Monday - Friday as per attached timetable."  I suspect that this means that Country Lion may just be operating a couple of journeys early morning or late evening.

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
In connection with the forthcoming service changes in Northampton, I have it on good authority that Country Lion are going to paint some of their buses in Northampton red.

Does anyone know what these buses are, do they already exist or are they buying in "new" buses and does their involvement in the service changes justify such expense.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
 Be nice if they did the VR  ;D, but suspect it would be the two Darts,

if i can get the chance i will try and pop down to the depot (s) and see what is happening.

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
Country Lion already have some of its coaches in a lovely Maroon, these are the Royal Class vehicle mainly used for Cloud Nine Tour, I understand there is at least two panthers, a Mercedes, and a Cheetah in this Maroon.

They have a number of different liveries. As for Sexy VEX which has an interesting history itself, I saw it heading down the A45 back to Northampton.

The history behind VEX is that it was new to United Counties under NBC Ownership although I understand it never got used, it was parked up for a while in the United Counties garagesin Desborough. The bus was transferred to Cambus (Peterborough) where is was registered as VEX301X. It stayed its time in Peterborough under Viscount and did carry an all-over advert at the end of its Peterborough days, it was then sold by Stagecoach and returned to Northampton to its new home at Country Lion.

It remained in its all over advert while at Country Lion and also carried Viscount legals with a on hire to Country Lion sticker in the window. It was then repainted into Country Lions yellow school bus livery. I remember driving this bus when I worked for the company, to get 50 out of it, would could but your foot hard down on the throttle rather than resting you heel on the box.

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »
Bus as for Country Lion buses going into red it wouldn't surprise me, Country Lion is a Northampton Company, run by a Northampton family, it has took pride in serving the town for many years and when I worked for them a coach driver they were a pleasure to work for, the Red bus is almost a cultural icon in the town, if you see the photos of old Northampton streets like the Drapery are a sea of red buses.

P4 CLN the Marshall Dart, is running round in an all over advert for Beacon Bingo, it was used on the town centre Beacon Bingo free shuttle, a service that stopped, but has never been repainted. P5 CLN the East Lanc Dart was repainted a few years ago as it was in the old Country Lion livery, White Orange and Brown stripes with no lettering over than legals. However getting a push chair on P5 is difficult due to the bench seats at the front. P4 has better access but no space, but this is not beyond the scope of the companies own mechanics to install.

I live near the route terminus so I'm going up to head up to Sixfields and see if I can find out what bus is running the service.

Offline Kevin S

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »
Country Lion already have some of its coaches in a lovely Maroon, these are the Royal Class vehicle mainly used for Cloud Nine Tour, I understand there is at least two panthers, a Mercedes, and a Cheetah in this Maroon.

They have a number of different liveries. As for Sexy VEX which has an interesting history itself, I saw it heading down the A45 back to Northampton.

The history behind VEX is that it was new to United Counties under NBC Ownership although I understand it never got used, it was parked up for a while in the United Counties garagesin Desborough. The bus was transferred to Cambus (Peterborough) where is was registered as VEX301X. It stayed its time in Peterborough under Viscount and did carry an all-over advert at the end of its Peterborough days, it was then sold by Stagecoach and returned to Northampton to its new home at Country Lion.

It remained in its all over advert while at Country Lion and also carried Viscount legals with a on hire to Country Lion sticker in the window. It was then repainted into Country Lions yellow school bus livery. I remember driving this bus when I worked for the company, to get 50 out of it, would could but your foot hard down on the throttle rather than resting you heel on the box.

Here are a couple of photos of VEX301S in Peterborough in ad liveries

Kevin

Offline Hamster

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Oxfordshire Bus Enthusiasts Society
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 01:03:52 PM »
I believe there were several of the VEX ***X batch that were due for UCOC, and were originally to be VVV 968W onwards (can't remember how many there were) but they didn't get used, and were then allocated to Eastern Counties and given the VEX registrations.

UCOC then got the ARP 6xxX Olympian's which were diverted in from somebody else.

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »
The VRs were originally VVV 968-77W (VEX 295-304X)

The ARP 6**X Olympians were diverted from Southdown and Alder Valley, if I remember correctly

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
From 19 September 2010

Arriva 11    Northampton Town Centre - Links View - Parklands
(Monday to Saturday    

Timetable revised

* On Monday to Friday
    * Saturday timetable unchanged.

Arriva 21

Arriva 21E

Harpole - Rye Hill - Northampton Town Centre - University - Moulton Park - Round Spinney
(Monday to Saturday)

Northampton Abington - Town Centre - University
(Monday to Saturday)

Services WITHDRAWN

For replacement services, see

* Stagecoach D3 for Harpole
    * Stagecoach 5 and 22 for St Giles Park
    * Stagecoach 3 for Rye Hill
    * Soul Brothers 19, 19E and 21 for Kingsthorpe and The University of Northampton Campuses.

Arriva 33/33A    Northampton - Quinton - Roade - Hartwell - Milton Keynes
(Monday to Saturday)    

Route and timetable revised.

* Most journeys now operate via Wootton and some, numbered 33A, also run via Quinton.

Arriva 50    Northampton - Swan Valley - Pineham
Monday to Sunday)    

Service WITHDRAWN.

* Replaced by Stagecoach Service 50.
    * No change to route or timetable.

Country Lion 10    Sixfields - Spring Park - university of Northampton
(Monday to Friday in University Terms only)    

NEW Service.

* Hourly

Country Lion 18    Weston Favell Centre - Moulton College - University of Northampton
(Monday to Friday)    

NEW Service.

* Replaces Soul Brothers.

Country Lion 19    Northampton Rail and Bus Stations - University of Northampton Avenue and Park Campuses
(Sunday)    

NEW Service.

* Hourly

First 5/5B    Southfields - Weston Favell Centre - Northampton Town Centre
(Monday to Saturday)    

Service WITHDRAWN.

* Replaced by Stagecoach Services 5 and 17.

First 22    Northampton Town Centre - Sixfields - Upton - St Giles Park
(Monday to Saturday)    

Service WITHDRAWN.

* Replaced by Stagecoach services 5 and 22.

First 29/30    Northampton Town Centre - St James - Kings Heath
(Monday to Sunday)    

* All journeys now operate via St James Road in both directions.

Meridian Bus 86    Northampton - Roade - Towcester
(Monday to Saturday)    

* Now operates from Northampton via Collingtree, Blisworth, Roade, Ashton, Stoke Bruerne and Shutlanger to Towcester.
    * also operates as Service 86 for the return journey from Towcester to Northampton.
    * Wootton and Quinton are no longer served.
    * see Arriva 33/33A for replacement service.

Meridian Bus 87    Northampton - Greens Norton - Towcester
(Monday to Saturday)    

* Now operates from Northampton via Rothersthorpe, Gayton, Eastcote, Pattishall, Fosters Booth, Astcote, Duncote and Greens Norton to Towcester.
    * also operates as Service 87 for the return journey from Towcester to Northampton.

SMS X Trav G1    Norton - The Bringtons - Northampton
(Wednesday and Saturday)    

* No longer operates via St Giles park or Duston and times are now different on Wednesday and Saturday.

Soul Brothers 18    Weston Favell Centre - Moulton College - University of Northampton
(Monday to Friday)    

Service WITHDRAWN.

* Replaced by Country Lion Service 18.

Soul Brothers 19/19E    Northampton Rail and Bus Stations - University of Northampton Avenue and Park Campuses
(Monday to Saturday)    

NEW Services.

* Two journeys an hour during the day-time on Service 19.
    * Hourly in the evening on Service 19E.
    * Part replaces Arriva Services 21 and 21E.

Soul Brothers 21    Northampton Rail and Bus Stations - University of Northampton Avenue and Park Campuses

NEW Service.

* Two journeys an hour during the day-time.
    * Part replaces Arriva Service 21.

Stagecoach  3    Northampton Town Centre - Dallington - Rye Hill
(Monday to Saturday)    

NEW Service.

* Every 30 to 60 minutes.
    * Part replaces Arriva Service 21

Stagecoach  5    Southfields - Weston Favell Centre - Northampton Town Centre - St Giles Park
(Monday to Saturday)    

NEW Service.

* Every 30 minutes.
    * Part replaces First Services 5/5B and 22.

Stagecoach 17    Northampton Town Centre - Riverside - Weston Favell Centre - Bellinge
(Monday to Saturday)    

* Hourly off-peak.
    * Now operates via Riverside Retail Park but NOT to Billing Aquadrome.
    * Part replaces First Service 5.

Stagecoach 20    Northampton University - Abington and Hospital circular

Service WITHDRAWN.
Stagecoach 22    Northampton Town Centre - Upton - St Crispin - St Giles Park
(Monday to Saturday)    

NEW Service.

* Every 30 minutes, via Edgar Mobbs Way.
    * Part replaces First Service 22.

Stagecoach 22A    Northampton Town Centre - Upton - St Crispin - St Giles Park
(Monday to Saturday evening and Sunday)    

NEW Service.

* Hourly, via Weedon Road.
    * Part replaces First Service 22.

Stagecoach 39    Northampton - Moulton - Broughton - Kettering
(Monday to Saturday)    

* Now operates further into Mawsley Village but no longer serves Kettering Library.

Stagecoach 50    Northampton - Swan Valley - Pineham
(Monday to Sunday)    

NEW Service.

* Replaces Arriva Service 50.

Stagecoach 54    Northampton Town Centre - Weston Favel Centre - Blackthorn - Moulton Park
(Monday to Friday)    

Timetable revised.

* The 16:33 journey from Moulton Park to Northampton Town Centre is WITHDRAWN.

Stagecoach 90    Northampton - Blisworth - Collingtree - Northampton
(Monday to Saturday)    

Service WITHDRAWN.

* Replaced by Meridian Bus Service 86

Stagecoach D3    Daventry - Weedon - Bugbrooke - Northampton
(Monday to Saturday)    

* Most day-time journeys now operate via Harpole.
    * Part replaces Arriva Service 21.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 12:33:31 PM »
Seen awaiting its time at Sixfield today, waiting to depart on the new Northampton Service 10 Sixfield - University was a Mimi Pointer Dart KU52RXF

So this appears toof been purchased by Country Lion to operate it's small portion of Northamptons new services.

A quick check on Google shows as operating for Trustline, and states that it was ex Thames Travel.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
Seen awaiting its time at Sixfield today, waiting to depart on the new Northampton Service 10 Sixfield - University was a Mimi Pointer Dart KU52RXF

So this appears toof been purchased by Country Lion to operate it's small portion of Northamptons new services.

A quick check on Google shows as operating for Trustline, and states that it was ex Thames Travel.

Also Acquired is Pointer Dart KX51KSY , Formerly Blackburn 650

Whilst for their share of the services Souls have acquired former Irish Darts EG02NZD/E, NZE carries its former Bus Eireann DPC27 above the Windscreen inside, identifyig its self as the Former 02-C-16547. http://northamptonshirebuses.fotopic.net/p67286683.html

Also Acquired and in use on the 21 is former Stagecoach London & East London Buses Dennis Trident V135MEV, which has been converted to Single Door. http://northamptonshirebuses.fotopic.net/p67286681.html

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 01:58:58 AM »
From the 23rd of October MK Metro stops its Number 11 service Northampton to Parklands and Kingsley. This will see an end to Arriva operation in the town, interestingly according to the Northamptonshire Country Council website there are two operators commencing this route from the 25th October 2010.

Country Lion have registered once running on a hourly frequency Monday to Saturday between 08:00 and 17:50 from Bay G returning at :30 from Parklands, looks like their maintaining the current route.

United Counties (Stagecoach Midlands) operating the same route with some variation at :14 minutes past the hour from 07:14 to 18:14, interesting the Stagecoach 14 shows only going as far as the turning loop in Links View.

Obviously this is why Country Lion have the other bus, observed on the 18 was Country Lion Royal Class Mercedes Benz Coach last Tuesday evening.

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
From the 23rd of October MK Metro stops its Number 11 service Northampton to Parklands and Kingsley. This will see an end to Arriva operation in the town, interestingly according to the Northamptonshire Country Council website there are two operators commencing this route from the 25th October 2010.

Country Lion have registered once running on a hourly frequency Monday to Saturday between 08:00 and 17:50 from Bay G returning at :30 from Parklands, looks like their maintaining the current route.

United Counties (Stagecoach Midlands) operating the same route with some variation at :14 minutes past the hour from 07:14 to 18:14, interesting the Stagecoach 14 shows only going as far as the turning loop in Links View.

Obviously this is why Country Lion have the other bus, observed on the 18 was Country Lion Royal Class Mercedes Benz Coach last Tuesday evening.

Also from the NCC website, from the same date Stagecoach will be extending the existing service 14 (currently East Hunsbury to Greyfriars) to Parklands, direct via Kettering Rd (as opposed to "round the houses" in Kingsley) every half hour Mon-Sat. It will be interesting to see if these levels of service to Links View and Parklands are commercially viable (I assume they are getting no financial support from NCC).

Darts 34585 & 34587 are now branded for route 5.