Author Topic: Imperial school route 116  (Read 929 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Imperial school route 116
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:22:04 PM »
Not sure anyone can help me here, as I don't think there are any forum members on here from the Loughton area, but its worth a try ;D

Imperial have begun operations of school route 116 between Abridge and Loughton.

It was registered on VOSA as a 'school or works' route 116 between Abridge Village Hall and Loughton, starting from 14th September, which is a strange time to start a school route, especially when the school (Roding Valley High School) started term on 2nd September.

I saw it in operation today by accident, with blinds set for Private Hire 116, with one of the G***VBB Olympians which were orignally used on the now withdrawn H1. The thing that surprise me is that it was about at full capacity with Roding Valley students, and Abridge is just a medium sized village, with most students going to Debden Park.
I guess it might be operating via Limes Farm Estate in Chigwell, as when I was at Roding there was an unregistered school bus (operated by First London, sometimes with those 55-reg Geminis!) operating from the school to Limes Farm, so im guessing the 116 has replaced this, also operating to Abridge.