Author Topic: Roadrunner route 351.  (Read 3589 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Roadrunner route 351.
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »
I was looking on the VOSA Bus registration today, and Olympus Bus & Coach Limited (which trade as Roadrunner), have registered route 351 (Hertford to Bishops Stortford) from 13th December 2010.

They could be operating in competition with the Herts CC route 351 currently operated by Centrebus Harlow, but its more likely they are taking over the 351.
Interesting news. I would have thought the SM/Roadrunner/Olympian operations would have taken up all their space and resources from all their other work which they have started recently. SM/RR have certainly expanded rapidly over the past 5 years.

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 135
Re: Roadrunner route 351.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 08:18:51 AM »
I was looking on the VOSA Bus registration today, and Olympus Bus & Coach Limited (which trade as Roadrunner), have registered route 351 (Hertford to Bishops Stortford) from 13th December 2010.

They could be operating in competition with the Herts CC route 351 currently operated by Centrebus Harlow, but its more likely they are taking over the 351.
Interesting news. I would have thought the SM/Roadrunner/Olympian operations would have taken up all their space and resources from all their other work which they have started recently. SM/RR have certainly expanded rapidly over the past 5 years.

They haven't taken over the 351 contract, so I can only assume it is a competitive venture.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »

They haven't taken over the 351 contract, so I can only assume it is a competitive venture.

I think you are right. I have also looked on the Vosa bus registration search for Centrebus, and their 351 has not been deregistered. Not sure how well they will do against a Herts CC contract which serves fairly rural areas.
I guess SM/Roadrunner are getting their own back on Centrebus after they launched the 524 in competition with SM's 524.

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »

I think you are right. I have also looked on the Vosa bus registration search for Centrebus, and their 351 has not been deregistered. Not sure how well they will do against a Herts CC contract which serves fairly rural areas.
I guess SM/Roadrunner are getting their own back on Centrebus after they launched the 524 in competition with SM's 524.
Which was of course retalliation for introducing the R3 a few minutes in front of Centrebus C3.  It does seem to all be getting a little silly now.

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »
Lets not forget that Roadrunner have got private investors in the company- the ex directors of Trustybus, who sold out to Centrebus!!!!.

Can anybody answer me a question, what will Roadrunner do about the vehicles required on route 351, will they get more, or will some vehicles be transferred from SM, who will have some surplus vehilces by the end of the month with the withdrawl of routes 5, 9, 16 and 1/31.

Also, is the service going to be every 2 hours like Centrebus 351, or every hour??
Bus/Coach of the Week: Roadrunner Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer SLF P301AYJ.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »
Lets not forget that Roadrunner have got private investors in the company- the ex directors of Trustybus, who sold out to Centrebus!!!!.

Can anybody answer me a question, what will Roadrunner do about the vehicles required on route 351, will they get more, or will some vehicles be transferred from SM, who will have some surplus vehilces by the end of the month with the withdrawl of routes 5, 9, 16 and 1/31.

Also, is the service going to be every 2 hours like Centrebus 351, or every hour??

Didnt know that about the private investors...thanks for the info.

I reckon the surplus vehicles will be used, and i think they would only need about 2 vehicles, assuming they are operating every two hours. The registration on Vosa does not state the days of operation or the frequency, so we will have to wait and see. I guess it will be every 2 hours, as it is mostly rural, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was every hour. Roadrunner will also be operating up to Parsonage Estate, whereas the Centrebus contract route 351 terminates at the Interchange.

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »
On the vehicle front, they have just aquired another Scania Wright- RDZ1707, so maybe this is for the new service.
Bus/Coach of the Week: Roadrunner Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer SLF P301AYJ.

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »

Didnt know that about the private investors...thanks for the info.

I reckon the surplus vehicles will be used, and i think they would only need about 2 vehicles, assuming they are operating every two hours. The registration on Vosa does not state the days of operation or the frequency, so we will have to wait and see. I guess it will be every 2 hours, as it is mostly rural, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was every hour. Roadrunner will also be operating up to Parsonage Estate, whereas the Centrebus contract route 351 terminates at the Interchange.
Actually the Centrebus service also runs up to Parsonage Estate with school journeys, that is where Birchwood school is that is served by the 351 at the appropriate times.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
Actually the Centrebus service also runs up to Parsonage Estate with school journeys, that is where Birchwood school is that is served by the 351 at the appropriate times.

Forgot about that! Thanks for that dwarfer1979!  :)

I suppose we shall have to wait and see if SM's 351 operates to Parsonage all day or just on school journeys like the Centrebus 351.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 11:45:40 PM »
The timetable is now up on Traveline.

The Roadrunner 351 will operate hourly, a few minutes in front of Centrebus 351, and also will only operate up to Parsonage Estate on school journeys.

There will also be a couple of runs between Harlow to Bishops Stortford, and also Hertford to Harlow (following the exact same route as SM route 524 and Centrebus 524).