Author Topic: Country Lion Optare Solo  (Read 5013 times)

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
Country Lion Optare Solo
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:15:57 PM »
CL have a red-liveried Solo on route 18 today and very smart it looks too. I haven't been able to see the reg. no. so don't know if it's brand new or a refurb.

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 39
Re: Country Lion Optare Solo
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
There was also a red liverived Solo on the 10 this morning. Are there two Solos, or do the 10 and 18 inter work? Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to see the reg no.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 64
  • The Best Bus ever Built, Fact!!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 02:29:08 AM »
seen that myself on my way it work earlier, fully labelled up with fleetnames, didn't catch its reg

Were the two Darts rental's?

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
Its been reported on Yahoo that it is registered YJ60xxx.

Offline AN68

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
Friday's Chronicle & Echo carried an article which stated that Country Lion have received three Optare Solos. YJ60KHH was on the 19 today, the other two have yet to be identified.

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »
It is interesting that a Northampton company is using Red to market its venture into stage carriage. I worked for Country Lion for 18 months and they were a pleasure to work for. I wish the Bull family and my former colleagues every success in their latest venture, I'm all for Northampton businesses supporting Northampton people, who needs the big groups, who seem to constantly treat Northampton as second class to other nearby cities.

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:26:26 PM »
Friday's Chronicle & Echo carried an article which stated that Country Lion have received three Optare Solos. YJ60KHH was on the 19 today, the other two have yet to be identified.
There is a second Solo aswell another 60 plated one.
It is interesting that a Northampton company is using Red to market its venture into stage carriage. I worked for Country Lion for 18 months and they were a pleasure to work for. I wish the Bull family and my former colleagues every success in their latest venture, I'm all for Northampton businesses supporting Northampton people, who needs the big groups, who seem to constantly treat Northampton as second class to other nearby cities.
I also agree its good to see we now have operates from the local area who know what there doing stepping it up, Country Lion + Souls both making a good go of things now, maybe the red is going to lead to a branding?

Offline AN68

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »
The second of the three Solos to be identified is YJ60KHK which was working the last 18 this evening.

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 01:47:13 PM »
The other Solo might be YJ60 KHJ then ? (Just a hunch)

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »
The Service 10 was in the hands of L10NHH one of the Black livereried Executive Cheetahs, i caught it home from ASDA to Sixfields this evening, was only me on it.

The driver informed me that the Optarte Solo had a number of leaks which were being plugged up, there are apparaently only two Solos with one on the 10 the other on the 18.

The 11 is in the hands of P5 CLN at the minute although the dedicated vehicle for this being P4 CLN, this is currenmtly being resprayed out of Beacon Bingo livery to London Bus Red to match the Optares.

The total fleet now extends to 51 vehicles not including self drive, with the depot moving fully to Brackmills in the next two weeks, the office accomodation is still being finished off.

Offline Colin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
The other Solo might be YJ60 KHJ then ?

Maybe, but isn't that a 'cherished' number?

Colin

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »
I'd forgotten about the obscurities of some 'cherished' registrations !

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »
I understand the the Service 10 Sixfields to University of Northampton, has now ceased operating.

What is happening to the Red Solo that is used on this service, I very much doubt that this vehicle is leased. I wonder if it will make an appearance on the Number 6's or the Number 11's. I think they have two the other one is floating around on the Number 18's but rarely get to see this service.

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
YJ60KHK the usual vehicle for the 10 regularly gets used on the 6 & 11, whilst the 10 is quite frequently operated by one of the Plaxton Cheetah bodied Vario's, Tbh i'm not suprised the 10 is stopping, as i have only ever seen no more than two people on it at one time.

Both Solo's are also used on Sunday's on the 19 which is operated by Soul's Mon - Saturday, one Vehicle starts the service in the Morning and is usually replaced by the other around 13;00

Offline northantsbusman

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 12:50:51 AM »
I haven't seen the Red Solo's operating in Northampton for Country Lion, have they got rid of these vehicles.

I saw P4 CLN a regular performer on Service 11. (I also saw P4 on the Sunday Service 19)

I see a couple of the Gold Cheetah Minibuses on the Service 6.

Have they still got the Solo's

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
I haven't seen the Red Solo's operating in Northampton for Country Lion, have they got rid of these vehicles.

I saw P4 CLN a regular performer on Service 11. (I also saw P4 on the Sunday Service 19)

I see a couple of the Gold Cheetah Minibuses on the Service 6.

Have they still got the Solo's

One of these is still the regular on the 18 (WFC - UCN).

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 02:01:53 AM »
 The M880, YJ60KHJ is usually on the 18, whilst the M950 KHK usually works on the 11 during the week, and the 19 on Sundays, this service changes vehicles around 14;00 and P4CLN is the regular replacement.

Although i must admit, i havent seen either of them for a couple of weeks, but i haven't been up town much