Author Topic: THE STATE OF PCC BUSES  (Read 1736 times)

Offline eastender

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
THE STATE OF PCC BUSES
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks or so the state of PCC buses running around Peterborough,they are really filthy from salt and dirt from the roads,don't they wash them now?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:05:49 AM by eastender »

Jonny

Re: THE STATE OF PCC BUSES
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
Yes they do but they can only do then when they are not on the road in service so they do get washed

Tony

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »
When you consider how long it takes to put just one bus through a commercial vehicle washer, you can see it would be impossible to do every vehicle in a night.  This is happening over all the country at the moment due to the wet weather we are having.  A large operator will try to wash all his vehicles at least once a week, a small operator may be able to wash his vehicles perhaps 3 or 4 times a week, it depends on the amount of cleaning staff and depot drivers they have.
I would ask the question - do you have a car and do you wash that every day during the winter?

Offline Nat2

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
All the depots I've ever worked at (large or small) throughout the UK, have had a policy of washing its buses every night.
However, I would agree that at this time of year, particularly on "out of town" routes, buses can be filthy after just one run.

Offline harz99

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 0
  • Former 1940's petrol engine Canadian Ford in NZ
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »
Well if "Management" has suspended the cleaner, perhaps "Management" should do the job - I had to when no one else was available.

Regarding the earlier post vis a vis large companies washing once a week, small more often - other way round in my experience.  Unless of course sub zero temperatures were expected then nobody washed anything!

Offline steve

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 06:03:39 PM »
Buses should be washed as often as possible, they're out doing hundreds of miles a day continually going round and round (unlike your car).

Passengers can't see out the window of some buses and i've seen people miss their stops a few times because of that.