Author Topic: Another castoff  (Read 1351 times)

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 38
Another castoff
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
Dennis Lance/Plaxton Verde 67237 (L237AAB) has been transferred here from First Midlands West

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Another castoff
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:53:28 PM »
How many Lances does Northampton now have. Still surprised that Leicester hasn't taken any of the low-floors.
East Londoner

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »
J623BVG

They certainly would if they could find an excuse to take them, but First Northampton don't help as for the last few days the best work they could find for 32629/30 was School Buses !!!

As far as the Lances are concerned with the latest cast off the number is two in service and a number of withdrawn ones at the back of the garage.

I am sure Dale will keep us informed of any service changes in Leicester which might find better use for 32629/30 c'mon Dale you've been very quiet lately and I miss you.

Dennis

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
Thanks, Dennis

Seems very quiet at Leicester. First are just 'ticking over' - perhaps the new boss is taking his time to ponder what to do about their various competitors nowadays. Previous bosses have seemed to follow the 'Moir Blockhead Lack of Common Sense school of thought' but now that Tim O'Toole is in overall charge there may well be some (long overdue) fresh thinking.

I still can't work out why Northampton needs another Lance!

My visits to Northampton usually find just 1 Gemini out or, if both are out, they don't seem to be on anything where they are really needed. Even if Leicester doesn't really need them at present it's not to say that they won't get moved away to Manchester, Glasgow, Hampshire, Bristol or wherever.

Dale

J623BVG

They certainly would if they could find an excuse to take them, but First Northampton don't help as for the last few days the best work they could find for 32629/30 was School Buses !!!

As far as the Lances are concerned with the latest cast off the number is two in service and a number of withdrawn ones at the back of the garage.

I am sure Dale will keep us informed of any service changes in Leicester which might find better use for 32629/30 c'mon Dale you've been very quiet lately and I miss you.

Dennis