Author Topic: Legal Lettering  (Read 3153 times)

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 38
Legal Lettering
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »
I note that the legal lettering now shows Northampton Transport Ltd followed by the Leicester address.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Legal Lettering
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:20:39 PM »
Am I right in saying that Northampton, Leicester and what was known as Midland Red West (I don't know the current name) are now all under the same local management, which is based in Leicester.
East Londoner

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 26
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »
Am I right in saying that Northampton, Leicester and what was known as Midland Red West (I don't know the current name) are now all under the same local management, which is based in Leicester.
Indeed it is HQ'd from Leicester but is moving up northwards to Potteries but not sure if the legal lettering is to follow.

Adam Dowling

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 10:37:27 PM »
I thought it was all "First Midlands" or "First Midland Red" now?

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 26
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »
Aye it is indeed, I'm honestly not sure what First are up to but then again does asnyone?

Adam Dowling

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
Aye it is indeed, I'm honestly not sure what First are up to but then again does asnyone?

I get the impression they don't know what they're doing half the time  :D 8)

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »
They don't know what they're doing ALL of the time and never have done ever since the disastrous day when they took over our own Northampton Transport.

The only consistent thing they have done is to treat Northampton as the dustbin for all their unwanted rubbish !

C'mon Dale let's hear what you think !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »
Dennis,

As if I would possibly comment on the abilities of First Group........

All I will say is that the top management appears to be much stronger nowadays (i.e after Blockhead went) but it is a shame that someone with the qualities of Leon Daniels has just been poached by TfL.

Whether this new management will view Northampton as a 'basket case', or worth investing in, will be interesting to see. They will certainly need to address the diminishing network in Leicester if they don't want to have a further basket case on their hands in a few years time.

Dale

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »
Dale

If the network is deminishing in Leicester, does that mean we can have our B7L's back which they stole from us after only a few weeks service in Northampton?

Oh! Hang on a minute, I think I just saw a formation of pigs fly past my window !!!!!

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
Dennis,

Their route network is steadily reducing but the number of vehicles being used for pvr has not (yet) dropped accordingly. This is really only because various other operators are giving First a good bit of 'healthy competition' and, in attempt to retaliate, First have increased some frequencies.

I can't believe that you are actually short of vehicles at Northampton as you still have those 2 Geminis carrying fresh air most days......

8)

Dale

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 64
  • The Best Bus ever Built, Fact!!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »
 To be honest Dennis, i dont want them to send the B7TL's back, i'd prefer if they just got all their B7L's and cleared off elsewhere with them and left other operators to pick up the pieces.
 They have got to be the Worst operator i have come across in every aspect (and that includes Arriva Merseyside, who took over my old home fleet and butchered services Left, Right & Centre)
 My local route is one of the "Core" routes that is alledgedly run every 10 minutes (the 4) but in reality runs as and when the driver feels like, its nothing unusual to stand at my local stop in Kingsthorpe and see nothing for half an hour, only to see Three consecutive buses head in the opposite  direction, and 15 minutes later the same three come back down in convoy.
 The excuse they use is that they were delayed on the incoming service to Greyfriars (4a/12), so they leave late with nobody on them, can't anybody at this poxy firm actually use their brain and make a dicision to pull the Late running vehicle (s) out of service and sent them empty along the route so as to pick up their timetable en route? obviously not.
 I had a 4A pull in on Harborough Rd last week heading to town with passengers on board, when i attempted to board it, the driver shouted "I'm Not in Service" and shut the doors and changed the blinds before departing for town with about 10 on board, needless to say fellow potential passengers waiting with me, were not impressed.
 The biggest joke is that they have just increased their fares without offer any reasonable service

Offline grahamk48

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
I noticed this week that the legal lettering has changed to Westway,Chelmsford the same as First Essex. I'm not sure how long ago it was changed though.

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »
Most buses in the 'First Midlands' division now show Chelmsford on the legal panel - started about 2-3 weeks ago.

Dale

Offline Kevin S

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:15 PM »
Most buses in the 'First Midlands' division now show Chelmsford on the legal panel - started about 2-3 weeks ago.

Dale

Whilst some First Essex buses still have First Eastern Counties Norwich legal lettering

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »

Dale

Whilst some First Essex buses still have First Eastern Counties Norwich legal lettering
I believe that is because the two companies run under the common title of First East England, or something like that.
East Londoner