Author Topic: Metroline TA's through the years  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
Metroline TA's through the years
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »
One for the Trident fans (and yes, I can remember when these were new!)

http://circleoflondon.blogspot.com/2010/12/tas-through-yearsfarewell.html
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Metroline TA's through the years
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »
I only ever got one ride on these beasts during their London life, a V-reg example on the 139 between Oxford Circus and Waterloo in 2003, which was annoying for me at the time because I had wanted to try catch one of the last ECW Olympians on the 176 (which just shows how long I have known and liked buses). Surprised the batch of T/V reg Plaxton President Tridents bought at the same time are nearly all still in service (I have caught 4 of these over the past year, TPs 50, 51, 59 and 63, and many were in service during last week) whilst newer 52-reg Tridents are returned to lessors.
East Londoner

Offline X314NNO

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • Metroline Tp's
    • Jacks Flickr!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:53:29 PM »
only ever had 2 and that was on the 210.

Although i much prefer the tp's

or stagecoach's MEV batch

Adam Dowling

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:55:50 PM »
The TPs are in better condition (been on TP14 and its been refurbed recently) plus they fit better with the rest of the fleet in having President bodies.

Offline Circle Of London

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Circle Of London Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:52 PM »
If you want to catch on of these baby's, you might be in luck as TA69 is still running around in service.

Offline Big Rob

• Bouncing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • RB Transport
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:33:24 AM »
Noted (and subsequantly travelled on) TA76 in use 03/03 on 189s, aswell as a few X reg TAL on the 16 and 189s.

Assume the 139 and 189 is the mostly likely to turn up TA69 and any surviving T-reg TA now?

Offline Circle Of London

• Thank You
    • Circle Of London Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »
There are 18 X Reg TALs and they are not going anywhere for the moment. Word is that they are to be fitted with Traps and converted to Euro4 to enable them to stay in London for a few more years. The very few remaining TAs are normally found on the 32 and 266. Not so much the 139 and 189 now.

The reason that the T/V Reg TPs at HT (Holloway Garage) have managed to stay is due to the fact there is nothing to replace them with but they will all be going in January 2012 following a delivery of 130 vehicles for the Garage. Not too long ago some were fully refurbished. The numbers of the vehicles in question is TP1 -65

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »
There are 18 X Reg TALs and they are not going anywhere for the moment. Word is that they are to be fitted with Traps and converted to Euro4 to enable them to stay in London for a few more years. The very few remaining TAs are normally found on the 32 and 266. Not so much the 139 and 189 now.

The reason that the T/V Reg TPs at HT (Holloway Garage) have managed to stay is due to the fact there is nothing to replace them with but they will all be going in January 2012 following a delivery of 130 vehicles for the Garage. Not too long ago some were fully refurbished. The numbers of the vehicles in question is TP1 -65
What other routes are likely to see these X-regs used on? I know until quite recently they were the main fare on the 16 until another large batch of Enviro 400s were delivered to Cricklewood.

Looks like I will have to try get one more journey on the TP1-65 batch before they leave.
East Londoner

Offline Circle Of London

• Thank You
    • Circle Of London Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »

What other routes are likely to see these X-regs used on? I know until quite recently they were the main fare on the 16 until another large batch of Enviro 400s were delivered to Cricklewood.

Looks like I will have to try get one more journey on the TP1-65 batch before they leave.

The TALs are found on the 32 mainly. Some may stray onto the 16 and 266 occasionally.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »
If you still want a ride on these, they have frequently appeared with Ensignbus on many London rail replacement services the past few weekends. I managed to catch T189CLO on a DLR replacement service (Canary Wharf-Stratford). They are very much in withdrawn condition!

There have been many weekends of engineering works, probably because of the upcoming 2012 games, so keep your eye out.