Author Topic: Transfer to Enterrprise Peterborough Limited  (Read 4635 times)

Offline TrevorWatson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Transfer to Enterrprise Peterborough Limited
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
The PCC buses will transfer to this company on 4th March along with many other council services.  I wonder what changes this will bring.

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 141
  • -Receive: 222
Re: Transfer to Enterrprise Peterborough Limited
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
Whilst the remainder of the transport operations of Peterborough City Council transferred to Enterprise Peterborough on 4th March, The bus operations did not. Mainly because no-one at Enterprise had applied for an operators licence. It is expected that the bus operations will transfer once an operators licence has been issued and an application made to transfer the Local Link services to the new company.
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of September 2019 : 14,525

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:56:27 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody at Enterprise applied for the operator's licence  :D

Apart from the similar name, is there any connection with the company Enterprise Safety Coaches, who used to operate services in the Huntingdon, Ramsey and Peterborough areas ?

Offline harz99

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • Former 1940's petrol engine Canadian Ford in NZ
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody at Enterprise applied for the operator's licence  :D Hmm, bodes well for the future doesn't it.........

Apart from the similar name, is there any connection with the company Enterprise Safety Coaches, who used to operate services in the Huntingdon, Ramsey and Peterborough areas ?   Hope not, I worked for them briefly when they had the Peterborough/Ramsey/Huntingdon contracts - the well known family matters that lead to their demise are only half of it!

Offline thebroadsman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
Enterprise Safety Coaches were actually based in Chatteris.

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
The firm behind Enterprise Peterborough have no previous experience in public transport and are not connected to any previous bus and coach company of that name. They mainly run privatised council operated transport services under contract to the original owners (bin collections, road sweeping, transport for parks department etc.). I believe they already do this in Wolverhampton and Bristol.

It will be interesting to see how they cope with actual public and school bus services.

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of September 2019 : 14,525

Offline harz99

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • Former 1940's petrol engine Canadian Ford in NZ
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »
The firm behind Enterprise Peterborough have no previous experience in public transport and are not connected to any previous bus and coach company of that name. They mainly run privatised council operated transport services under contract to the original owners (bin collections, road sweeping, transport for parks department etc.). I believe they already do this in Wolverhampton and Bristol.

It will be interesting to see how they cope with actual public and school bus services.

Indeed Marcus; will you be offering a consultancy?

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
At the right fee!!

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »
Answers the question I was about to ask about who this lot were!!

Offline TrevorWatson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »
The holding company is based in the NW.  Prime website is http://www.enterprise.plc.uk/   An embryo local site is up at http://www.enterprisepeterborough.com/

Trevor

Offline alanv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 37
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »
The holding company is based in the NW.  Prime website is http://www.enterprise.plc.uk/   An embryo local site is up at http://www.enterprisepeterborough.com/

Trevor

Interesting.

Enterprise was acquired by a consortium led by 3i in early 2007 and was de-listed from the London Stock Exchange

I assume Enterprise is a part of 3i Infrastructure plc (“3i Infrastructure” or “the Company”) an investment company focusing on infrastructure investment opportunities globally.

Below is the latest statement I can find. I take it to mean that 3i is to perserve with its investments as  the previous practise of selling them on after about 4 years of financial reorganisation is no longer works.

"In December 2010 the Company also extended its Investment Advisory Agreement (the
“Agreement”) with 3i Investments plc, its Investment Adviser. The renegotiation achieved two
key objectives: (i) it extended the exclusivity arrangements between the Company and 3i
Investments plc by a further £200 million, and (ii) it extended the duration of the Agreement
by three years from March 2012 to March 2015.
The amendments to the Agreement were subject to approval from the Jersey Financial
Services Commission. In addition, as the Company and 3i Investments plc are related
parties, the Company, in accordance with the UK Listing Authority Listing Rules, obtained a
fairness opinion on this transaction from an independent adviser.
With the investment exclusivity and the Agreement with the Investment Adviser extended,
and with the Company’s liquidity secured over the medium-term, the Company has a solid
platform from which to invest. In addition to the new facility, at 31 January 2011, the
Company had cash balances of £184.5 million."

Online Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
I was unaware of this until yesterday, but Enterprise already operates a fleet of buses across the south! On Licence PK1032042/N, they have rights for 25 buses, and a fair few non-PSV's too. The buses operate under the Enterprise AOL Ltd title, BUT running in contract liveries for City of Westminster Council or West Sussex County Council - with depots in North Acton and Chichester.

OK, so not Peterborough, but not total beginners either. (See what happens when you flick through all your new G-Lists on a trip home from London?)
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »
Thanks for that info Suzy. I was unaware that they had any PCV experience. Are these vehicles used for school buses or are they used for public services?

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Thanks for that info Suzy. I was unaware that they had any PCV experience. Are these vehicles used for school buses or are they used for public services?

Largely school/social work type stuff in Westminster, I've not checked in Sussex - but I am sure I saw one of their other arms out & about yesterday! (See, once you know what to look for, they all spring up at you!)
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
Before I've had a chance to look up the Sussex operation, spotted this today on VOSA...

#
PK1032042/12 - ENTERPRISE AOL LTD, C/O SUE BINGHAM, LANCASTER HOUSE, CENTURION WAY, LEYLAND, PR26 6TX

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Midhurst Budgens Store and Petworth Square given service number Doris 1 (D1) effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Timetable.

#
PK1032042/13 - ENTERPRISE AOL LTD, C/O SUE BINGHAM, LANCASTER HOUSE, CENTURION WAY, LEYLAND, PR26 6TX

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Midhurst Cottage Hospital and Midhurst Budgens Store given service number Doris 2 (D2) effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Timetable.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »
I can assume the O-licence has been granted then? Can we confirm that the entire fleet is going, and it's simply being outsourced/transferred...?

#
PF1101908/1 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Peterborough
    * Finish Point: Stamford
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 401
    * Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
    * Effective Date: 01-JUL-2011
    * Other Details: Sundays & bank holidays. No Good Friday service.

#
PF1101908/2 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Stamford
    * Finish Point: Peterborough
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 404
    * Other Details: Sundays & bank holidays. No Good Friday service.

#
PF1101908/3 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Peterborough, Werrington
    * Finish Point: Peterborough, Bretton
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 406
    * Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays including Good Fridays. No service other bank/public holidays.

#
PF1101908/4 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Peterborough City Centre
    * Finish Point: Orton
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 407
    * Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays including Good Friday. No service other bank/public holidays.

#
PF1101908/5 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Peterborough Bretton
    * Finish Point: Peterborough City Centre
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 408
    * Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays including Good Friday. No service other bank/public holidays.

#
PF1101908/6 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Newborough
    * Finish Point: Peterborough
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 410
    * Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays icluding Good Fridays. No service other bank/public holidays.

#
PF1101908/7 - ENTERPRISE MANAGED SERVICES LTD, GORDON HOUSE, SCEPTRE WAY, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON, PR5 6AW

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Peakirk
    * Finish Point: Peterborough City Centre
    * Via:
    * Service Number: 411
    * Other Details: Mondays to Fridays including Good Fridays. No service other bank/public holidays.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK