Author Topic: New Cambus model from EFE  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 502
  • -Receive: 87
New Cambus model from EFE
« on: March 10, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »
EFE announced that they were going to prodice a Cambus RELH (bus shell) model but it has taken a while for any more information to appear.  The British Model Buses site now has a picture http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/Large%20Images/EFE%203/29409_Bristol%20RELH%20Coach_Cambus%20NBC_PP_Large.jpg 

A bit disappointing as I was hoping for a blue liveried model or a "Redline".  This one must have had a very short life in this livery (like the route shown).  It looks as if it is in just split from Eastern Counties livery.  Incidentally, it supposed to be the same vehicle as already appears as an Eastern Counties model but that version has a different National Express livery

Online busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 152
    • The Wakefield Files
Re: New Cambus model from EFE
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:15 PM »
EFE announced that they were going to prodice a Cambus RELH (bus shell) model but it has taken a while for any more information to appear.  The British Model Buses site now has a picture http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/Large%20Images/EFE%203/29409_Bristol%20RELH%20Coach_Cambus%20NBC_PP_Large.jpg 

A bit disappointing as I was hoping for a blue liveried model or a "Redline".  This one must have had a very short life in this livery (like the route shown).  It looks as if it is in just split from Eastern Counties livery.  Incidentally, it supposed to be the same vehicle as already appears as an Eastern Counties model but that version has a different National Express livery
Apart from the yellow blind it looks very nice.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
It's certainly interesting to note that the model features the temporary Cambus vinyls applied over ECOC fleetnames.

I'd like to see EFE release an Olympian or Series 3 VR in cream and two-tone blue 'local coach' livery, or perhaps a Plaxton-bodied RE ...

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »
EFE had one of these on display at the LT Acton Depot open day this weekend.
The level of detail is really good, make a nice addition to the collection of any Cambridge bus collector.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 502
  • -Receive: 87
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »

The yellow blind was Greenline practice.  It is possible that Cambus or Eastern Counties copied it.  Unfortunately, if I have any photos of this era, they will be of the Greenline vehicles which I would have thought were rarer in the Cambridge area at the time.  Anyone have any photos or even better know who supplied the photos for EFE?

Online busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 152
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:05:39 AM »

The yellow blind was Greenline practice.  It is possible that Cambus or Eastern Counties copied it.  Unfortunately, if I have any photos of this era, they will be of the Greenline vehicles which I would have thought were rarer in the Cambridge area at the time.  Anyone have any photos or even better know who supplied the photos for EFE?
None of the Cambus/ECOC vehicles had yellow/black blinds.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-bg/3915421964/in/set-72157622354434940/
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
The model is a pre-production sample, so hopefully the blind will be accurate when the production examples are released.

Another slight error is EFE's inclusion of the postcode within the legal lettering - Cambus, as far as I'm aware, never incorporated a postcode on vehicles until becoming part of Stagecoach.

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »
Can not confirm about the legals, I suspect that Derek or definitely Richard are best qualified to though.
If this is the case then EFE made the same error on the Bristol VR they produced for Showbus in 1996 (I just checked my model!)

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
The postcode was included on the standard version of the Cambus VR, the FLF Lodekka (standard and DeLuxe versions), Premier Travel Plaxton Paramount 3500...  ::)