Author Topic: Reading Service changes May 2011  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
Reading Service changes May 2011
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »
Various service changes have been lodged for May commencement. Will post more when I know.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline chopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Reading Service changes May 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »
See Reading Bus Zone for more information. An excellent website.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
See Reading Bus Zone for more information. An excellent website.

I had a look but could not find anything there Chris - can you post a link to the right page, as I cannot find it!
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline chopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
www.buszone.co.uk/routes.html

Alternatively The Reading Buses website also has full information.

Chris

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
Chris,

I can see the April changes at http://www.reading-buses.co.uk/station/ (and also on BusZone) but it's further changes in May. I will dig up the VOSA details later on.

Thanks,
Suzy
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
The Changes on 17 April are principally in response to the changes to the road system around Reading Station, which see a number of currently one way streets being made two way, or even reversed.
Two routes are also being split into two -
22 - Northern half to Caversham Heights remains as 22, while the Southern half to Lower Earley becomes service 22a.
24 - Northern half to Caversham remains as 24, while the southern part to Coley Park becomes new route 11, coloured Bronze.
Related vehicle changes see the pink double deckers currently on 23/24 working 22/23/24 while a few of the green Solars move to Bronze 11.

Offline Bus Zone

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Bus Zone
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
The May changes are due to Wokingham District Council retendering in the Woodley and Lower Earley area.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
The May changes are due to Wokingham District Council retendering in the Woodley and Lower Earley area.

Thank you! Now I've found the registration details from last week online...

#
PH0005856/39 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Variation Accepted: Operating between READING Station and READING Lower Earley given service number 21/N21 effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Timetable.

#
PH0005856/43 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Reading station and Bradmore Way given service number 20 effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Timetable.

#
PH0005856/117 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Reading Friar Street and Chalfont Way given service number 19 effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

#
PH0005856/118 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Reading Station and Woodley Airfield given service number 13 effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Timetable.

#
PH0005856/119 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Reading, Blagrave Street and Woodley given service number 14 effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

#
PH0005856/133 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Variation Accepted: Operating between Reading Station and Lower Earley given service number 20A effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

#
PH0005856/135 - READING TRANSPORT LTD T/A READING BUSES/NEWBURY BUSES, GREAT KNOLLYS STREET, READING, RG1 7HH

* Registration Accepted
    * Starting Point: Reading University
    * Finish Point: Bulmershe Sports Centre
    * Via:
    * Service Number: CL19
    * Service Type: Normal Stopping
    * Effective Date: 23-MAY-2011
    * Other Details: Monday to Friday when university is open.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
Noting one of the entries:
* Variation Accepted: Operating between Reading Station and Lower Earley given service number 20A effective from 23-May-2011. To amend Route and Timetable.

Monday's changes saw the 22 split, the Caversham Heights part staying 22 and the Lower Earley part becoming 22a, despite being on the other side of town to the 22.  could this be a further change, making it 20a?  Although serving the same broad area of Reading as the 20, the only common point is the terminus!

It would have been so much more simpler to:
*Leave the Lower Earley section as 22 (maybe the Addington Road shorts would carry an "a" suffix).  Could be recoloured dark red if desired.
*Renumber the Caversham Heights to 25.
This would have still kept sequential route numbers for similar areas (20-22 for Earley, 23-25 to Caversham) and does away with long sections of unique route that carry a letter suffix.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:13:29 AM by DavidG »

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
Details of the changes are now out, as follows.  Sounds more complicated than it really is and should work out quite well.

http://www.reading-buses.co.uk/23may11

Much simplification in Woodley, albeit a bit of a diversion to endure, particularly for the 14.
Will be interesting to see the vehicle allocations, I initially suspected that the three light green Solars on the 22a would move to the new 20a, however the reduced summer frequency on 20/21 will free up a couple of Omnidekkas which could cover it interworked.  The Solars could then work the 19s, releasing the brace of Solos currently in use there.

Still maintain my point about numbering- but doesnt look like it will change now!

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:38 PM »
Full timetables and maps are now available on the link above.
The 19 makes interesting reading - particularly the demise of the evening service.