Author Topic: Busway service registrations & cancellations  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
Busway service registrations & cancellations
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:08:59 PM »
PF0000108/7 - WHIPPET COACHES LTD, UNIT 1, 2 ROWLES WAY, BUCKINGWAY BUSINESS PARK, SWAVESEY, CAMBRIDGE, CB24 4UG
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Huntingdon and Cambridge given service number 5 effective from 07-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

PF0000108/93 - WHIPPET COACHES LTD, UNIT 1, 2 ROWLES WAY, BUCKINGWAY BUSINESS PARK, SWAVESEY, CAMBRIDGE, CB24 4UG
    Variation Accepted: Operating between St Ives Bus Station and St Ives Bus Station given service number 12 effective from 07-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

PF0000108/117 - WHIPPET COACHES LTD, UNIT 1, 2 ROWLES WAY, BUCKINGWAY BUSINESS PARK, SWAVESEY, CAMBRIDGE, CB24 4UG
    Registration Accepted by SN
    Starting Point: Somersham, The Trundle
    Finish Point: Cambridge Drummer St Bus Station (or Adden Brooks Hospital)
    Via: St Ives, Cambridgeshire guided busway
    Service Number: C
    Service Type: Normal Stopping/Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 07-AUG-2011
    Other Details: Vary route/stopping places/timetable.

PF0000108/117 - WHIPPET COACHES LTD, UNIT 1, 2 ROWLES WAY, BUCKINGWAY BUSINESS PARK, SWAVESEY, CAMBRIDGE, CB24 4UG
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Somersham, The Trundle and Cambridge Drummer St Bus Station (or Adden Brooks Hospital) given service number C effective from 07-Aug-2011. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PF0002468/120 - STAGECOACH IN THE FENS LTD, STAGE COACH IN HUNTINGDONSHIRE, STAGECOACH IN THE FENS, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Chatteris and St Ives given service number 21 effective from 07-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

PF0002468/124 - STAGECOACH IN THE FENS LTD, STAGE COACH IN HUNTINGDONSHIRE, STAGECOACH IN THE FENS, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
    Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Trumpington Park&Ride and Addenbrooke's Hospital given service number A effective from 07-Aug-2011.

PF0002468/130 - STAGECOACH IN THE FENS LTD, STAGE COACH IN HUNTINGDONSHIRE, STAGECOACH IN THE FENS, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
    Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Huntingdon and Cambridge given service number 55 effective from 07-Aug-2011.

PF0002468/137 - STAGECOACH IN THE FENS LTD, STAGE COACH IN HUNTINGDONSHIRE, STAGECOACH IN THE FENS, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Fenstanton and St ives given service number 20 effective from 07-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

PF0002468/140 - STAGECOACH IN THE FENS LTD, STAGE COACH IN HUNTINGDONSHIRE, STAGECOACH IN THE FENS, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
    Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Huntingdon
    Finish Point: Trumpington Park & Ride
    Via:
    Service Number: A
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday every 20 minutes (frequent service between St Ives and Histon) and hourly on evenings, Sundays and certain Public Holidays
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline alanv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 37
Re: Busway service registrations & cancellations
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »

PF0002468/140 - STAGECOACH IN THE FENS LTD, STAGE COACH IN HUNTINGDONSHIRE, STAGECOACH IN THE FENS, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
    Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Huntingdon
    Finish Point: Trumpington Park & Ride
    Via:
    Service Number: A
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday every 20 minutes (frequent service between St Ives and Histon) and hourly on evenings, Sundays and certain Public Holidays

Has there been any mention of route B.

The last  years timetable showed route A St. Ives to St. Andrews St. via the Science Park and by implication onwards to Trumpington when the route was open.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »
Yesterday, B (Orchard Park only) was cancelled.

I presume that the A includes the B (by the start/end points) and to clarify this, this appeared today...

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Huntingdon and Trumpington Park & Ride given service number A/B effective from 07-Aug-2011. To amend Timetable.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Bob

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 11:03:10 AM »
Judging by the erroneous timetables that were linked to yesterday, the A now runs from St. Ives Bus Station, and not Hill Rise.
Also, the inbound services are shown as calling at Central Cambridge, but not Drummer Street...

Adam Dowling

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
I thought the Busway services were going to call at New Square instead of Drummer St? After all, I thought that was why those stops have been out of use for at least two years....

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 142
  • -Receive: 124
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
I presume New Square is "Central Cambridge".

The stopping patterns remain a disaster.  While I miss New Square stops a
 lot, you also want all services to stop some that's, well, in the city centre...

Offline Martin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
Judging by the erroneous timetables that were linked to yesterday, the A now runs from St. Ives Bus Station, and not Hill Rise.
Also, the inbound services are shown as calling at Central Cambridge, but not Drummer Street...
From the combined timetable I've posted in the CEN thread it appears:
Service A runs from St Ives to Trumpington Park and Ride with early/late extensions to Somersham
Service B runs from Huntingdon Bus Station to Central Cambridge
Service C runs from St Ives Hill Rise to Cambridge Rail Station
Service D runs in peak from St Ives Hill Rise to Drummer Street / Rail Station

I have to say Whippet appear to be runing a service with no benefit to them.