Author Topic: First Scotland East new livery..?  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
First Scotland East new livery..?
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
Came accross this morning....
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6020/5989731275_5ea004ef2b_b.jpg
Similar to the Old Midland Scottish livery? Well the Cream/Two tone Green?
I wonder what we will get at FEC/FE?

Adam Dowling

Re: First Scotland East new livery..?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
Rhubarb and Custard "Anglia" livery at FEC perhaps? http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishbuses/4243814669/

Thamesway Purple Sash livery at Essex would be nice to see again...but that's just me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishbuses/5123354457/

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 160
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 02:12:14 PM »
I think it's more like Eastern or Lowland Scottish?  I think Midland Scottish was blue, Eastern Scottish was cream and a darker green, and Lowland Scottish was yellow and a lighter green?

Wise move though; first's reputation in Edinburgh is disastrously dire, and any attempt to dissociate themselves from themselves can only be good for them!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:14:26 PM by barryb »

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
I'd love it if First were to reinstate local liveries. I've always been fond of the Thamesway and Eastern National liveries, and it would be nice to see cream and red buses running around East Anglia again. The approximation of the Yarmouth livery used from 1996 onwards is also good.

I guess we will have to wait and see if we do get a new local livery. Hopefully the new management agrees to go ahead with it.

That Volvo is incredibly smart!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:49:54 PM by H132FLX Fan »
East Londoner

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 52
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »
Why bother with local liveries when it's taken this long to get buses into the same liveries all over the country now. When buses get transferred around they will they spend ages in the wrong colour...
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support

• Thank You
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »
Why bother with local liveries when it's taken this long to get buses into the same liveries all over the country now. When buses get transferred around they will they spend ages in the wrong colour...
It is a good point, if they do what they did in the late 90's and have a mix of Barbie + Localised that would/should work out better....

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • J621BVG
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »
It is a good point, if they do what they did in the late 90's and have a mix of Barbie + Localised that would/should work out better....
I suppose the economics of repainting the buses in different local liveries each time they are cascaded will also work against this. I've read on another forum that apparently a few buses in each fleet will be repainted into local liveries to establish a local identity. Can't say for certain that this is true.
East Londoner

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 160
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »

Because their reputation is a liability to them...

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 10:43:21 PM »
We have only recently seen the demise of the Beeline livery in Bracknell.  One wonders if that might return then.....
Given the state of some of the vehicles that First are operating it sometimes appears that the paint job is all that is holding them together.

• Thank You
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
What we need to think about is that First Bus methods worked in the 90's. If a say 75/25 percent ratio of buses was repaint 75 of them being localised the 25 being national barbie like they use to do then it would work quite well.
The thing is First need to go back to how they started to regain there reputation they had before.

andrewbus42

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »
What we need to think about is that First Bus methods worked in the 90's. If a say 75/25 percent ratio of buses was repaint 75 of them being localised the 25 being national barbie like they use to do then it would work quite well.
The thing is First need to go back to how they started to regain there reputation they had before.
They need to do way more than just repaint buses into a local livery in order to gain a better reputation!

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • J621BVG
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »
I was thinking about this idea. What about keep all vehicles that are newer than say, 6-8 years old in the Barbie livery, and repaint everything else in an approximation of the local liveries used until that god-awful Barbie 2 livery was devised. Brand new vehicles are delivered in Barbie livery. When a bus is over the 6-8 year old limit, it is repainted into the local livery.

Economics, cascades and ex-London vehicles would have to be considered though.
East Londoner

Adam Dowling

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
Painting all the buses based at one depot in two different liveries strikes me as a pointless practice, unless the liveries are part of route branding. What First need to do is a complete 100% re-brand. New national livery/regional liveries (hopefully no pink and purple!), new company/trading name, new managerial structure, new tag-line and investment in the upkeep of their fleet, refurbishing and replacing buses with new ones as appropriate to each area. Spending money like this is the only way I can see them turning their reputation around, which has been in tatters for quite a while especially in areas like Northampton and Edinburgh....

Anyway, apparently the B7TL Jamie posted is actually just a heritage livery job and isn't representative of a new livery? Don't know for certain either way!