Author Topic: Imperial Olympian  (Read 1196 times)

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Imperial Olympian
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
Leyland Olympian G517VBB has turned up on the Ensignbus website for sale. I'm not sure if this has already been reported. What I find interesting is that the seats are apparently covered in First's moquette!
East Londoner

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: Imperial Olympian
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »
Leyland Olympian G517VBB has turned up on the Ensignbus website for sale. I'm not sure if this has already been reported. What I find interesting is that the seats are apparently covered in First's moquette!

Surprised they have taken this long to start selling them. I think they have 3, and they were mostly allocated to the H1 which they withdrew in December 2009. They also used them on rail replacement work, but they don't seem to do this anymore. One is used on a school contract, and I guess they are also used on private hire work. Maybe they realise they can cope with 2, and I guess they are getting more and more expensive to maintain being G-reg. Does look like its in quite good condition, which is surprising for Imperial's usual standards.
Not sure why they would have First moquette. They are ex-Kentish Bus, Arriva, and later used as Arriva trainers. My guess is that Imperial may have bought new seats from scrappers, as i'm sure many of the Northern Counties Olympians have been to the scrap yard.

The G-VBB Olympians are still working well with other operators it seems. G520VBB is with Awayadays on the Norwich City Sightseeing service, and G551VBB is with TWH, who have reportedly started using it on tour work in London.