Author Topic: Stops at the railway station  (Read 2320 times)

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
Stops at the railway station
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »
I'm getting far more value out the cycle path to Addenbrooke's than is healthy for anyone that doesn't work there - people need to stop knowing me before they get ill!

The thing that struck me as I was going past the station today...

There are 7 new bus stops at the railway station.  3 of them are close to the station.  6 of them have seats and shelters.  But 1 of them just has a pole and is a hefty walk away.

Why do services in both directions use the stop furthest from the station?  And why do city bound services use the only stop from 4 choices that doesn't have a shelter or seats?

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Stops at the railway station
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »

I wondered that when I went on my tour of the system
The only reasoning I could think for these stops being used is the demolition work on the old flour mill, and keeping waiting passengers as far from the mill as possible.  Only a guess!

Offline grandad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
More like they were put far away from station so people for Cambridge city will go to the closest stops which are where city local buses stop
Flog

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »
That's not logical though - they're in a different street, so they could have used the closest stops in the different street.  And why does the Trumpington / Addenbrookes have to leave from so far away too?

Adam Dowling

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 12:21:03 AM »
That's not logical though - they're in a different street, so they could have used the closest stops in the different street.  And why does the Trumpington / Addenbrookes have to leave from so far away too?

Remember that the Hills Rd bus gate will soon be fully open, presumably the Citi services will then use the other bays along there. The furthest stops are used by the busway because they were the only ones that were finished when the busway opened - for the first week or so the other stops and bays were still being put in.