Author Topic: First Northampton - timetable changes  (Read 5971 times)

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
First Northampton - timetable changes
« on: October 20, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
VOSA today notes that timetable changes are due for First Northampton routes 4/A, 10. 12 and 28 (virtually all of their much-reduced 'network') from next Monday, 24/10/11 (short notice ?).

Given the new senior management structure at First, can I safely assume that these are now likely to be enhancements rather than further retrenchment?

Dale

Offline David Hancock

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 24
Re: First Northampton - timetable changes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:56:10 PM »
I think you will find these changes are temporary due to the roadworks in Kingsthorpe and in the St leonards area. changed timetables are in force according to the website from 24th oct til Nov 4th.

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »
I noted Leicester's 66979 (Volvo B7RLE) on the 4 today, possibly to aid the increased PVR.

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »
66979 in Northampton !!!

Yippee another old banger that Leicester doesn't want any more !!!!

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 64
  • The Best Bus ever Built, Fact!!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:52:36 AM »
First Timetable changes? yeah right, theres no point, they dont use them. and the roadworks is just an excuse for something that has happened for as long as i have lived in Kingsthorpe, although i must admit they have made it even worse. bu tits alway s been the same, three or four vehicles bunched together heading to Sunnyside/Obelix Rise and nothing for 20-25 heading into town until the same 3 or 4 vehicles come back down in convoy,  you even get two fours leaving Greyfriars at the same time, neither of them full.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:39:48 AM »
First Timetable changes? yeah right, theres no point, they dont use them. and the roadworks is just an excuse for something that has happened for as long as i have lived in Kingsthorpe, although i must admit they have made it even worse. bu tits alway s been the same, three or four vehicles bunched together heading to Sunnyside/Obelix Rise and nothing for 20-25 heading into town until the same 3 or 4 vehicles come back down in convoy,  you even get two fours leaving Greyfriars at the same time, neither of them full.

That reminds me of a joke from On The Buses, when I think it was Arthur who complained that buses would not turn up for ages, and then there would be a large convoy of them. Stan said something on the lines of the first driver in the convoy being the only one who knows the way!  :D
East Londoner

Offline Danny

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
66979 in Northampton !!!

Yippee another old banger that Leicester doesn't want any more !!!!

:o ???

How on earth is a 2005 Volvo B7RLE an "old banger"?

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
Cos it's already six years old !!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »

Agreed ! The situation is the same on route 2 to Rectory Farm, and there are no roadworks along this route to delay buses. I appreciate that buses can get delayed during peak hours, but they are often still running like this at lunchtime.

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »
66979 isn't one of Leicester's - it went off to Worcester/Redditch a long time ago.

Dale

I noted Leicester's 66979 (Volvo B7RLE) on the 4 today, possibly to aid the increased PVR.

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 07:43:09 PM »
66979 isn't one of Leicester's - it went off to Worcester/Redditch a long time ago.

Dale

I saw it as well, with an "On hire from First Eastern National" sticker in the window !

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »
Sorry Dale

Get so used to Leicester unloading their unwanted rubbish to Northampton as has happened so often in the past few years.

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Dennis,

But Leicester has lost one of their (or your.....) Geminis - 32627 has moved to Worcester. Perhaps they forgot that you've still got two of the batch just 'hanging around'......

:-)

Dale

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:10:43 PM »
 shush! if Worcester realise we still have them, they'll want ot swap them for the RLE  ;D

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »
Dale

Just hanging around......... doing nothing better than school runs at least twice this last week that I know of whilst  "wreck" 38098 is in all day service !!!!!

Dennis

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 10:02:55 PM »
Dale

Just hanging around......... doing nothing better than school runs at least twice this last week that I know of whilst  "wreck" 38098 is in all day service !!!!!

Dennis
I must really wonder how that heap somehow passed it's MOT and got retaxed.
East Londoner

Offline Dale

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 07:12:02 AM »
Dennis,

No doubt that 'heap' is much cheaper to operate, and will be fully depreciated by now - so, an Accountants dream vehicle!

In any event isn't this just First ......'Transforming Travel'......

::)

Dale

Dale

Dennis

Offline Danny

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Cos it's already six years old !!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

What?! It's not even middle aged yet!!! Certainly not an "old banger" Buses are meant to last around 20 years....

Quote from: Dennis Lloyd
Get so used to Leicester unloading their unwanted rubbish to Northampton as has happened so often in the past few years.

Volvo B7RLEs are some of the best buses in service at the moment. Most people would kill for a 6 six old one.

Arriva G&WS has some 2004 ones - they're still excellent buses
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:26:15 AM by Danny »

Adam Dowling

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 12:32:53 PM »
I doubt that B7RLE will be anything other than temporary, and is only there because the rest of First Midlands don't have anything knackered enough....

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
  66979 isn't a Leicester vehicle, its from Worcester. they must have run out of knackered Lance's to send us

Offline Mutly

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
First are also now proudly proclaiming that they care about their Carbon Foot print, as shown on the poster on board on of their vehicles yesterday.....38121!!! one of the least Eco-Friendly Buses going  ;D

It could have been worse i suppose, it could have been on 67237, which you can easily recognise as it goes down the road, by the smoke screen and stench of burning Oil, its been like that for 2 weeks now, you can't tell me that nobody down the depot hasn't noticed that!  ::)

Adam Dowling

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »
 You couldn't make it up, love the way the poster is already falling off too  :D

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »
Danny

No self respecting company would impose twenty years old buses on it's passengers....... oh! I forgot, we're talking about First here !!

To them it's probably the norm especially in the case of Northampton.

Offline Danny

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:15 PM »
Danny

No self respecting company would impose twenty years old buses on it's passengers....... oh! I forgot, we're talking about First here !!

To them it's probably the norm especially in the case of Northampton.

Not on a frontline service no, but on a school contract a fully depreciated decker is often the perfect vehicle.

Just because something is old, doesn't mean it can't be well presented. There's loads of examples of old vehicles still giving sterling service with customer focused operators.

Anyway, I digress. We'll have to agree to disagree on the you-considering-a-lovely-six-year-old-Volvo-B7RLE-to-be-an-"old banger" front.

There's no way I would consider something that new to be an old banger - it's got years and years left yet. I doubt many people in the industry would consider a vehicle, two years younger than the government's target average fleet age of 8 years, an old banger either.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:43:36 PM by Danny »