Author Topic: Regal Busways fleet update.  (Read 1939 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
Regal Busways fleet update.
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
Regal have purchased 3 ex-Hedingham Leyland Lynxes, one of them being H48NDU. H48NDU has been seen on the 391, and on the Chelmsford-Epping 7/7A (see here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hhhumber/6338716106/).
Presumably they are mostly for school work. Very surprised to see Regal purchasing relatively old buses, when it seems most fleets are getting rid of older step entrance buses.

Offline Andrew Morgan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 36
Re: Regal Busways fleet update.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:00:21 PM »
i think they are also used on the 3 from chelmsford-southend along with ex-preston bus lynx F212 YHG (regal fleet no.102) which is in a plain red livery and so is ex-hedinghams J724 KBC (regal fleet no.103) . i can not remember the reg of the third ex-hedinghams one is but they have one mark 1 and two mark 2  ex-hedinghams so a total of four lynxs with two of each mark .

Offline Kevin S

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:22:20 PM »
i think they are also used on the 3 from chelmsford-southend along with ex-preston bus lynx F212 YHG (regal fleet no.102) which is in a plain red livery and so is ex-hedinghams J724 KBC (regal fleet no.103) . i can not remember the reg of the third ex-hedinghams one is but they have one mark 1 and two mark 2  ex-hedinghams so a total of four lynxs with two of each mark .

The 3 ex-Hedingham Lynxs are all Mk2s. H48NDU & J295TWK have been operating still in HO livery.

My understanding is that F212 is scheduled on the 2/6 Southend-Chelmsford service (and is the only one with blinds fitted at the moment).

With Regal taking over Imperial's Brentwood area ECC work next week the fleet will increase again shortly. Regal now also operate the Braintree Freeport shuttle bus instead of Flagfinders.

Offline Andrew Morgan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 36
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »
i think they are also used on the 3 from chelmsford-southend along with ex-preston bus lynx F212 YHG (regal fleet no.102) which is in a plain red livery and so is ex-hedinghams J724 KBC (regal fleet no.103) . i can not remember the reg of the third ex-hedinghams one is but they have one mark 1 and two mark 2  ex-hedinghams so a total of four lynxs with two of each mark .

The 3 ex-Hedingham Lynxs are all Mk2s. H48NDU & J295TWK have been operating still in HO livery.

My understanding is that F212 is scheduled on the 2/6 Southend-Chelmsford service (and is the only one with blinds fitted at the moment).

With Regal taking over Imperial's Brentwood area ECC work next week the fleet will increase again shortly. Regal now also operate the Braintree Freeport shuttle bus instead of Flagfinders.

just checked all 3 are mark.2s so not sure where i got the idea from that one was a mark.1 from !  :-[