Author Topic: Regal Busways Olympians & Lynxes  (Read 1531 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
Regal Busways Olympians & Lynxes
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »
Hi,
I've never travelled on an older Olympian or the Lynx type. I was wondering where the best place/routes to find Regal's older buses would be?

I know their route 7/7A/7B Epping-Chelmsford uses buses which are used on school work, and all sorts of buses appear on this route. But, whenever I have used this route, it is mostly Dart/Pointer operated. Buses from the 80s/early 90s are becoming increasingly more difficult to find on normal public service, so it would be great if anyone had any information about the seemingly random allocation of Regal's older bus types.

Might have to keep trying to find one on the 7s, when i'm not in Kent.

Thanks.

Offline Andrew Morgan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 36
Re: Regal Busways Olympians & Lynxes
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »
it may be worth trying to go to southend or chelmsford as the lynxs by the looks of the pics on the net are used on there route 3 between southend and chelmsford a lot .

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: Regal Busways Olympians & Lynxes
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:56:40 PM »
it may be worth trying to go to southend or chelmsford as the lynxs by the looks of the pics on the net are used on there route 3 between southend and chelmsford a lot .

Thanks Andrew. Should maybe head that way one day. I might get the 7 to Chelmsford, then try the 3.

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
Olypmian/Roadrunner/SM Coaches SOTD Autumn 2011.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Either Southend, Chelmsford or Harlow. From what I was told the Lynxs are basically back ups. The price of of low floor Darts have gone through the roof. And the Lynxs are cheap to buy. I have been told that F212YHG is a quite good vehicle.
Bus/Coach of the Week: Roadrunner Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer SLF P301AYJ.