Author Topic: New First Group livery revealed  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
New First Group livery revealed
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »
Don't get too excited:-

www.passengertransport.co.uk/2012/01/firstgroup-relaunches-uk-bus-division-with-new-local-liveries

:-\                          

Dale

Edited by admin to correct unclickable link
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:04:03 PM by Andy James »

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
Re: New First Group livery revealed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »
I think its more refreshed that what we currently have....

andrewbus42

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »
Urgh, when you think of all the fantastic liveries and brands in use across the county these days this just looks... well rubbish!

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
Well, it's dreadful. There's no other word, apart from ones which the forum censor will pick up, for it. I can only hope they haven't just poured a large bucket of money down the drain for this restyle...
East Londoner

Offline Streetdeck

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »
I like it.. I think it looks modern and fresh.... Dont particularly agree about spend ooodles of money in these times, but it does look good.

Still not as good as stagecoach's livery which looks very good, even in modified liveries...

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
People don't seem to want to allow it bed in ! It's not even hit the streets yet.....

Its hard for change to happen and in the case its harder than most of the operators keeping a similar livery in mind but also moving on from a livery which is now over a decade old!

These "other" fancy liveries which are adopted by smaller ops are nice i can't agree more but to be honest First's new livery is simplistic and easier viable and cheap to repair if a bus has a pump or to...

Ive seen much worse in livery styles and i hope this livery succeeds what has been a good rein by the current Barbie livery!

In one sense Arriva when they made a decision to scrap sandstone they didn't change it much for the new bar using Interurban livery, first has altered its colour scheme and style (towards rear only) but bring more of a local identity back with it!

Yes area's such as King's Lynn, Bury St Edmunds and Northampton suffered/suffering with poor services but it is how times change....

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
Dale

So that's why 38098 has been allowed to get into such a state, they were waiting for the new livery to be announced.

I shall wait with bated breath to see 38098 in it's new finery soon .

Oh and pigs might fly as well !!!! ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline bmnpton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »
Would this mean when they get to the ancient Northampton fleet , they dispose their operations. Common First let Northampton go and give your services to Stagecoach , who can never forget 2005. First invests in new buses , months later we get cast off's! I kind of see this being thing they might finally dispose of Northampton's operations!

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »
As I have said elsewhere, I believe that First have finally given up on the idea of polishing turds, only to attempt to paint them instead  :D

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »
bmnpton

I certainly have not forgotten 2005 and all the false publicity given to the "nineteen new buses to show our commitment to Northampton".

At the same time as our nine B7TL's were delivered, Leicester had twelve delivered yet within weeks we had lost seven of ours to bloody Leicester and they also purloined all the B7RLE's, we finished up with, as you say, the castoffs which our new ones replaced.

Some commitment I don't think !!!!

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »
Dennis,

Always good to see your positive views about First in Northampton.....  ::)

I wonder how small the lettering will have to be to get all of 'Northampton' on the side panels. If it's in the same font size they used for 'Leeds' then they'll have to acquire some of those ex-London articulated buses currently residing in various yards, airfields etc.........Hang on, perhaps I've stumbled upon how First intend to modernise their Northampton operations.

::)

Dale

Offline Dennis Lloyd

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
Dale

Thaks always good to hear from you.

On the subject of articulated buses I remember the chaos caused in our bus station when some idiot decided it would be a good idea to trial the Mercedes K1GRT on our services.

The place came to a standstill while it was trying ro load at one of the parallel boarding points.

A more unsuitable vehicle for our local roads I cznnot imagine but that shows the mentality of some First employees.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
Don't suppose anyone has pics of this bus in Leicester and/or Northampton, do they? I remember it was given a red/brown version of it's green (or blue) livery.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending