Author Topic: Army coaches  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 88
Army coaches
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
As I work near the St James Park barracks, I often see coaches owned by the Army around - there appears to be a batch of B10M/Plaxtons with civilian Y-TLO registrations, not ones in the armed forces series. No secret that they are Army as they have large recruitment adverts all over them, but given how twitchy the security services can be I've never taken a picture or made notes within eyeshot of them! Is there anywhere where details such as a fleet list or chassis numbers are obtainable from?

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 166
    • The Wakefield Files
Re: Army coaches
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
As I work near the St James Park barracks, I often see coaches owned by the Army around - there appears to be a batch of B10M/Plaxtons with civilian Y-TLO registrations, not ones in the armed forces series. No secret that they are Army as they have large recruitment adverts all over them, but given how twitchy the security services can be I've never taken a picture or made notes within eyeshot of them! Is there anywhere where details such as a fleet list or chassis numbers are obtainable from?
It is very unlikely this information will not be available. You won't find the vehicle details on the DVLA either.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
Hi Julia/Richard,

The closest you will get is the PSV Circle's British Journal publication, which provides quarterly updates. There is no list as such of these, but the Journal does provide some information.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 166
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »
Hi Julia/Richard,

The closest you will get is the PSV Circle's British Journal publication, which provides quarterly updates. There is no list as such of these, but the Journal does provide some information.

Thanks Suzy
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!