Author Topic: Chiltern engineering work over-run  (Read 698 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
Chiltern engineering work over-run
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:39:42 PM »
A Statement from the MD of Chiltern Railways...

Dear Passenger,

As I write this on the evening of Monday 29th August there is, unfortunately, a risk that we will not be able to run our full service on Tuesday 30th August due to severe delays completing planned engineering works.

As part of a major upgrade project, we have been operating special timetables for the last fortnight. This was to enable track improvement works, junction upgrades and signalling improvements.

The work ran to time throughout the two weeks, with track and station works running ahead of schedule. However, it became apparent at the end of last week that the signalling work was at risk.

A revised schedule was put in place by the contractors in an attempt to complete the project ready to run a normal service the morning of Tuesday 30th August, but despite their efforts there is a real risk that we will need to put in place contingency timetables.

I know how disappointed our customers will feel if we are not able to operate a full service. We are very frustrated that we have been let down by our contractors and may not be able to offer the standard of service you are right to expect. I offer my unreserved apologies to all passengers whose journeys may be disrupted tomorrow.

The only positive which I can offer you is that this is the final stage of our route upgrade and, when we have completed our final track consolidation works (which we will conclude overnight this week), the project will be complete.

Yours faithfully,
Rob Brighouse Managing Director
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
Re: Chiltern engineering work over-run
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »
Despite delays completing signalling installation, Chiltern Railways are able to confirm that a normal train service will operate today.

The timetable will be the planned Chiltern Railways summer timetable. For train times, use the journey planner to the left of this page.

A new timetable will start from next week, commencing Monday 5th September.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending