Author Topic: Milton Keynes Central Station Square  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Rwjc22

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Milton Keynes Central Station Square
« on: June 10, 2012, 06:05:04 PM »
Does anyone know when it will be finished?  Was told it was to be completed by end of May.

Don't go there every week but work seems to be happening slower than snails pace!   All I've noticed recently is the bus stops have had a little more work done to them.  Roads still to be tarmaced.

andrewbus42

Re: Milton Keynes Central Station Square
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Can't answer your question - hopefully someone else can help with that.

But on behalf of the admin team, welcome to the forum! :)

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 131
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:22 AM »
We've been told that bus services should return to Station Square "with effect from Sunday 1st July".

Offline TonyMaxwell

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
Can't be many years since the whole of Station Square was revamped and cobbles laid throughout.
Cheers,

Tony

Offline Rwjc22

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:02:40 AM »
Thanks for that.  Hopefully it will be worth the wait.  Crap that first vehicles out of the square were buses and they will also be the last back in.

Offline TonyMaxwell

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
What I could never understand was buses being given priority and allowed to drop/pick-up immediately outside the station while taxis and private hire vehicles weren't.  If I remember correctly, taxis had to drop on the taxi rank and private hires had to drop in the car-park area.  I believe you had 5 minutes grace in which to drop before having to buy a car-park ticket.  Quite often I'd be in a hackney-plated vehicle but because it was not licenced by Milton Keynes, I had to use the car-park area.
It was a similar story if you were trying to pick-up a pre-booked passenger.  We told our clients to come outside and as soon as they did, we'd swoop in and pick them up in the bus zone before some over-zealous traffic-warden could take action.
Cheers,

Tony

Offline Rwjc22

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »
Tony.  I think you have it a bit mixed up.  The road nearest to the station entrance was for taxis and cars.  This included a small area for waiting, maximum of 15 mins.   What was ridiculous was the fact there were two areas for disabled parking on the same road which was hardly used leaving cars, cabs and taxis in big queues in a small and congested area.

Next road was for buses only and third one was for short stay parking and waiting area for Hackney taxis.

Offline TonyMaxwell

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
Arghh - I stand corrected lol.  I knew there was a reason behind our telling clients to come out of the station building.  It was true, you couldn't get into the designated taxi pick-up point due to the many private cars blocking it and over-zealous traffic wardens on the lookout for breaches of the disabled bays.  I know I did regularly pick up my clients on the bus lane.   It's a few years since I was last in Milton Keynes, having retired at the end of 2003.
Cheers,

Tony