Author Topic: Olympics Specials  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Andy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 20
Olympics Specials
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:56:02 PM »
We currently have two special Buses at the London 2012 Olympics posts on Andy's Bus Blog that members may be interested in...

Buses at the London 2012 Olympics 1 - featuring First, Stagecoach and Ulsterbus at www.andysbusblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/buses-at-london-2012-olympic-games.html?m=0

Buses at the London 2012 Olympics 2 - featuring Arriva, Brighton & Hove, Stagecoach, Thamesdown, Travel West Midlands, Ulsterbus and Uno at www.andysbusblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/buses-at-london-2012-olympic-games.html?m=0

Enjoy! :)

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 26
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
Re: Olympics Specials
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
Why not embed the photos into a post for people to see on here instead of plugging the blog?

or post links to the flickr.

Offline Andy

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
Why not embed the photos into a post for people to see on here instead of plugging the blog?

Because

A. I don't have permission to post the photos here.

B. Why are you picking on me for plugging as I hardly ever do and many others do on a regular basis.

C. How would posting link to Flickr (where there is no text report) be any different! :P

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 45
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »

We have many members who post links to their blogs/flickrs/other sites and we have no problem with this. If you (or any other member) doesn't agree with this or would like to discuss this please email me/Andy/Suzy on admins@atvbf.co.uk
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support

stagecoach106

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
Plus I think it looks a lot better on blog form than copying and posting it on here. Btw andy nice post

Offline Andy

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
Plus I think it looks a lot better on blog form than copying and posting it on here. Btw andy nice post
Thanks! :)

Offline suffolkraider

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 12:19:12 AM »
I agree with Jamie posting loadsa pics on here would slow it down I reckon have seen it on other forums besides gives us loads more to explore in the winter evenings lol
Volunteer Driver Beccles and Bungay Area C/T

Offline Stamford

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 02:47:26 AM »
Now I know that the event is titled "London 2012" but other venues are being used, however it appears that they may not be receiving the same quality of transport.

Games transport to the Ricoh (sorry City of Coventry) Stadium comprised a variety of de Courcey Travel, Green Bus and National Express West Midlands vehicles on 3rd August, including MCW Metrobus E469SON which is celebrating it's 24th year in service (that's 7 summer Olympics!).  Deserves a medal itself.