Author Topic: Multibus tickets not accepted on Busway???  (Read 4097 times)

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
Multibus tickets not accepted on Busway???
« on: August 12, 2012, 09:05:25 PM »
Whaaaaat?

So many levels of irony leading to so many levels of despair.  What are they thinking of???

Adam Dowling

Re: Multibus tickets not accepted on Busway???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »
Whippet accept them on route C......although seemingly the council did release a smartcard for use on all busway services-news to me!
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Smartcard-ticket-launched-in-time-for-busway-opening-01082011.htm

Why did they go to all the effort when a daily and weekly ticket was already available??? :o

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:31:09 AM »
I'm baffled.  I'm certain I can't think of one good reason for buying the smartcard.  What were they thinking of?  I'm very tempted to all how many have been sold. 

To buy one would be crazy, and even if you wanted to, the link from the Busway site doesn't work anyway.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:53:39 AM »
I'm baffled.  I'm certain I can't think of one good reason for buying the smartcard.  What were they thinking of?  I'm very tempted to all how many have been sold. 

To buy one would be crazy, and even if you wanted to, the link from the Busway site doesn't work anyway.

They seem to be useful as a multi-journey for those that don't use the bus every day - in other words, those part-time students, those who work flexitime, and so forth.

However, I was quite surprised when I learned that Busway services would be exempt - but only from Stagecoach...
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

stagecoach106

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Its a bout time the council pulled there finger out and sorted the multy ticket as we all ready know that norfolk green ask to be able to sell and except them and the fact that you can only use it on stagecoach services and whippet but not the 11 past ketford to bury or a/B journeys is a joke so now the 46 has been taken out by the B if I wanted to go pebo I have to go C8 9 35 33 so better getting a dayrider plus and that's valid on the b anyway. If I had a multy bus ticket I have to 1A 30 31 with take the mick a bit its not a ticket its a joke

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »
Its a bout time the council pulled there finger out and sorted the multy ticket as we all ready know that norfolk green ask to be able to sell and except them and the fact that you can only use it on stagecoach services and whippet but not the 11 past ketford to bury or a/B journeys is a joke so now the 46 has been taken out by the B if I wanted to go pebo I have to go C8 9 35 33 so better getting a dayrider plus and that's valid on the b anyway. If I had a multy bus ticket I have to 1A 30 31 with take the mick a bit its not a ticket its a joke

... Well said ninja! At the same time, no new operators have been added to the scheme - why? - since introduction. With some other local authroity tickets, i.e. Herts CC and SPT, selling/acceptance of tickets on subsidised services is a term of the contract - not an optional whim. Sounds like a lovely idea for an FOI request...  ;D :D
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Adam Dowling

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »
You may not be able to use it on the Busway or NG services........but at least it's still valid on A&P, Myalls and Cedar Coaches!!!  :P

Do Cedar even operate services in Cambs any more? ::)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
You may not be able to use it on the Busway or NG services........but at least it's still valid on A&P, Myalls and Cedar Coaches!!!  :P

Do Cedar even operate services in Cambs any more? ::)

A&P - 1 (16A)
Myalls - 101, C2, 132
Cedar - none into Cambs

I presumed that the Burton's validity is being maintained by Stephenson's, or not?
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline DGH

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
Just to confirm, yes Multibus tickets can be used on Go Whippet service C on the busway, you can also use your Busway smartcard on our services 1A/1B/5 between Cambridge and Huntingdon.

I very rarely go out on the road these days but when the Guideway opened the Smartcards were quite popular (mainly because I believe several hundred were given away to trial the scheme), not sure of there popularity now. I will try and remember to ask the drivers.

J508GCD

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »
I don't know what the thinking is behind the future of Multibus but after we took on the ex Stagecoach/Cavalier work around Wisbech and March in Feb 2010 we suggested that it would now make sense if we joined the scheme - far from being received enthusiastically, we were told not to bother. We haven't asked again.