Author Topic: FORUM NEWS-update 2nd September 2012  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 67
  • -Receive: 570
    • ScotBus
FORUM NEWS-update 2nd September 2012
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
This is a short Forum Newsletter, to bring you up to speed, with recent developments. Before I continue, this does contain some (quoted) strong language.

A recent thread had discussed the likeness between LM’s class 350 and an Enviro400 from Norfolk Green. Unfortunately, J508GCD/Rob took objection to this. Several messages of complaint were fired in our direction, asking this to be stopped.

Andy James took a decision that criticising Norfolk Green was unacceptable behaviour. In my personal opinion, I could certainly see the resemblance, but I could also see the operator’s point of view – see http://angliaandthamesvalleybusforum.com/index.php?topic=6527

A post on Facebook ended up being “liked” by 12 people, plus many others chipped in through the course of the thread. I’ll give you the starter, but the full version is also available as a PDF upon request…

“I've heard some shite in my life on some forums, but tonight I've found a classic, and its not from some random Veg sprouting garbage, but the "Hitler" attitude of the Forum Admin.
Somebody has asked "Did Norfolk Green swipe the livery for their New E400's from London Midlands Trains?", and another has correctly pointed out "looks that way, there's hints of the livery style from accross the Go-Ahead Group!" after a couple of other comments, none of which were offensive or anything, along comes the Admin with : Firstly : Having spoken with xxxx we both agree that these two derogatory posts are out of order and would like to warn the two members involved that any further occurrences will result in a one week ban from the forum". followed by
"This stops NOW! The next person who mentions this on the forum will receive a warming through the ban system. Thread locked." WHAT????

Stop Kissing Norfolk Greens arse will you, if they dont want people to think they swiped the Livery of a class 350,, then don't paint it like a 350, and if you are going to ban me for having an opinion, Just Do It!!"

I then decided that, while the new Admin’s had largely acted in the interests of the Forum positively, this had been a mistake. I approached Rob, Andy and the complainants, to point out that we cannot show bias towards Norfolk Green, and punish people for not breaking the rules.

Now, as far as I was concerned, that was the end of it. The response from Rob/J508 GCD sounded very bitter that we didn’t bow to his demands…

“Suzy

How illuminating to be lectured on why I should not personally take offence at jibes, given personal approval by yourself, that I have copied London Midland's livery, when you are attempting to create a business that does nothing but copy other people's work, and for your own personal gain. Not to mention apparently letting Andy and Sam do your dirty work for you running the forum and then stepping in in some kind of presedential role to publicly humiliate them and again give tacit approval to the troublemakers who will destroy the forum.

I look forward to you, wearing any hat, asking Norfolk Green for any assiatance in the future, or to you using my work to line your pockets. As from this moment onwards no permission is given for you to do so. Petty? Probably, but at this moment in time, hugely satisfying.

Rob”

… which sounds like yet more bullying to me, and several others. It’s a slur on Steven Knight – who’s work we sell, and many other Forumites who have benefited from our free services. Over the years I have also done things like ScotBus.com, techpark.transport (now dundeebuses.info) and much more, as sources of free information for transport enthusiasts, and ordinary passengers alike.

Since then, Andy has stepped down, and Rob has left, both of their own accord. (I was about to consider sanctions on Rob for his attitude issues towards me, and for attempting collusion). I’m not going to sit back and let one or two people ruin the Forum – and I’ve done this before. How interesting was it before when we’ve done this in NG's favour, there was no problem at all. Yet, when it’s against them, he’s flounced off. I do believe in the truth, and that the Forum and it’s Administrators must act in a transparent way. It’s only fair to those who are making the Forum – the ordinary members like you!

I’d now like to get back into a “fun” mode, you know, don’t be afraid of saying what you think. Do please take a minute or two to read the rules in full, which are at the very end of this message. Full versions of any of the message chains referred to above are available on request.

Sam has agreed to remain in a Technical Manager role, and I will slide back sideways into the main Administration Manager role. I don’t expect you to agree with everything that we say or do, but I would like you to log in and click “THANK YOU” if you agree with our actions, or approach us elsewhere if you are not. Talk about satisfying… we’ll see what our members think.

Kind regards,
Suzy Scott – Forum Admin Manager and Founder
Sam Wickham  Forum Technical Manager

==============================================
FORUM RULES

Anglia & Thames Valley Bus Forum
Forum Rules ~ updated 5th May 2012

You agree through your use of the Anglia & Thames Valley Bus Forum that;

1. You will not post any material that is false, abusive, obscene or otherwise against any Engish law or that of your own country and will not act in a way that could be deemed as racist, homophobic, transphobic, bigoted or inappropriate in any other way.

2. You will not share or pass on the details of your account (e.g password) to anyone else without prior consent from the forum admin team.

3. You agree that you are responsible for all of the content you post on the forum and that you retain the copyright for any content posted.

4. If you use wish to post any content that is not your own please respect any copyright notices the owner has in place and when posted on the forum please state the source of the material.

5. If you witness any of the behaviours listed under rule 1 or any other behaviour you think is inappropriate you should click the "Report to moderator" button or contact an admin by PM or email at your earliest convenience.

6. You are solely responsible for the content of your posted messages and understand that the admin team reserve the right to remove any objectional content, futhermore you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the administrators, and anyone else connected with providing this service.

7. You are responsible for the information you include in your forum profile and should ensure that any information provided is done so in clean and accurate way, the same also applies to your optional forum avatar/profile picture and signature, the admin team reserve the right to remove any objectional content from your forum profile.

8. You understand that the names shown on this forum are for illustrative purposes only. Any trademarks are acknowledged in advance. Product and brand names are also for information, not placement.

9.  If you work for any of the bus operators or local authorities featured you should not use the forum to monitor staff performance without prior consent from the forum admin team.

10. You understand that the admin team reserves the right to change the settings of the forum at any time, if required, to maintain or enhance the operations of the group, notice of at least 24 hours will always be given  where possible, in extreme cases where this is not possible the admin team promises to explain why
afterwards.

In the unlikely event that a member is found to be breaking the forum rules they be dealt with on an individual basis and may either recieve a warning or in some cases have their posting privaleges removed or may be banned from the forum altogether.

In the event of your membership being terminated for reasons of forum abuse, or a complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum, the admin team reserve to right to pass details of this to your network administrator and/or Internet Service Provider.

Disclaimer

The profile information and posted messages contained on the forum express the opinion of the author and not that of any member of the admin team or the Anglia & Thames Valley Bus Forum as a whole.

Privacy Policy

We will not share any of the information you provide to sign up to the forum or any of the content you post on this forum with any third parties, IP addresses are recorded with every post, but other members (aside from the admin team) do not see your IP address, it will instead show as “Logged”. You do not need to do anything to make this happen, as it does so by default.

Please note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is only used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer. The admin team do not see what is contained within this cookie. Cookies are essential for the use of the forum board to work properly. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies have the file name AngliaThamesValleyBusForum

Copyright Notice

All of the posted messages and content on the forum remain copyrighted to the author and should not be reused other than for your personal use without prior permission.

Additionally the contents of this website and communications between this website and its users, are protected by database right, copyright, confidentiality and the right not to be intercepted conferred by section 1(3) of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.

The use of those contents and communications by Internet Service Providers or others to profile or classify users of this website for advertising or other purposes is forbidden.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the forum rules or the infomation provided above please contact the admin team by email at admins@angliaandthamesvalleybusforum.com

The ATVBF admin team