Author Topic: First Group Bus driver sacked after stopping on a Level Crossing with gates down  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Big Rob

• Bouncing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • RB Transport

Adam Dowling

He should have lost his licence for such a stupid act of impatience. Never ceases to amaze me how many people chance it at level crossings.....

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 71
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
A similar incident happened recently when a Stagecoach double decker (somewhere in the East Sussex region) raced across the level crossing just as it was closing, with the railings just brushing over the roof of the vehicle. Didn't get stuck behind the gates like the First vehicle though.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
How in the name of all that's holy did this total imbecile keep his licence?  ???
East Londoner

Offline Big Rob

• Bouncing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • RB Transport
How in the name of all that's holy did this total imbecile keep his licence?  ???

I would love to know the answer to that as well. Also, how could New Horizon employ him?? Dont they check records? If i saw this one anyones history they wouldnt ever get another job driving ANYTHING.

As a Crossing Keeper myself, i understand people getting frustrated with having to wait, but as i keep saying to other people, surely it is worth a slight wait, than being early in the next life?? Surely im not alone in this thought??