Author Topic: Cambridgeshire Busway – miscellany  (Read 2110 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1401
  • -Receive: 209
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Cambridgeshire Busway – miscellany
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
I thought it might be worthwhile starting a thread for various happenings, press & TV stories etc, which wouldn't merit a tread of their own.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
Re: Cambridgeshire Busway – miscellany
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »
From the Cambridge News: 105 gripes on guided bus sent in to council

Quote from: Cambridge News, 04/12/2012
The guided busway has attracted more than 100 complaints – with drivers, fares and ticketing taking most of the flak.
Figures obtained by the News show Cambridgeshire County Council has received 105 complaints since the service launched in August last year.
High fares and ticketing problems came top, attracting 20 complaints, while drivers attracted 15. Thirteen complaints were about signs and 12 about ticket machines.
[...]
Cllr Ian Bates, the council’s transport chief, said the complaints equated to one for every 30,000 journeys.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
Solar studs to light the busway bridleway

Quote from: Chris Havergal, Cambridge News, 04/12/2012
Work is due to begin on the track between St Ives and Orchard Park late next month in a £95,000 project, following successful use of the studs on cycle routes from Over to Swavesey, and from Addenbrooke’s to Great Shelford.
[...]
Cllr Ian Bates, the cabinet member for growth and planning, said: “[...]Solar studs will provide a trail route for users to follow while having no ongoing cost for the council.
“The council is committed to providing good facilities for cyclists and pedestrians and will be looking towards lighting other sections of the busway maintenance track.”
One of the other stretches of cycle path which will be considered is the stretch between Cambridge station and Trumpington, which is unlit.
[...]

stagecoach106

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
105 complaints if only I had complained more look at my current bus way service I'm on times taken from a app