Author Topic: Hedge-trimmer cuts open roof of double-decker bus like a tin can  (Read 1511 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2585
  • -Receive: 250
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Hedge-trimmer cuts open roof of double-decker bus like a tin can
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »
Children hurt as hedge-trimmer cuts through school bus roof

Quote from: Press Association, in guardian.co.uk, Thursday 6 December 2012 12.49 GMT
Four children have been hurt after a tractor's hedge-trimming tool cut open the roof of a double-decker bus like a tin can.
Paramedics were called to the accident in Wivenhoe, Essex, at 8.22am on Thursday.
Trevor Redburn, assistant general manager for the East of England ambulance service in north Essex, said: "We arrived within five minutes and it was quite a scary-looking scene. We counted 45 children who were all shocked and confused."
The four who were hurt were described as having "slight injuries".

Colne Community School pupils hurt as bus roof sheared off

Quote from: BBC News, 6 December 2012, 18:10
Four youngsters were slightly hurt after a hedge trimmer sliced into the roof ... of a double-decker school bus in Essex.
About 45 Colne Community College pupils were on the bus when it collided with a tractor-mounted trimmer in Alresford Road in Wivenhoe near Colchester.
The Essex County Council-contracted bus was on its way to the Brightlingsea school when the accident happened.
Paramedics compared the cut to the bus to that of a "can opener" and said four teenage students were treated.
Trevor Redburn, from the ambulance service, was at the scene shortly after the accident and saw the damage caused inside the bus.
"All the children were in shock," he said. "They were crying and quite confused and dazed by what had happened."
He told how other motorists stopped after the accident and made sure the children were safe and together on a nearby verge.

Edits: 1st generation iPad kept losing text in the previewed post.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:54:21 PM by TCD813 »
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline TonyMaxwell

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Hedge-trimmer cuts open roof of double-decker bus like a tin can
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
Frightening experience - had similar happen to me when a Council Grasscutter managed to slice a gash in door of my company car.  I was passing the machine when the driver decided to turn.
Knowing how I felt at the time I can only say those children must have been in hysterics.
Hope they all recover from the experience with no lasting effects.
Cheers,

Tony