Author Topic: RMT TO BALLOT STATION AND PLATFORM STAFF ON WEST ANGLIA ROUTE OVER ATTACK ON PRO  (Read 929 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
NEWS RELEASE

December 11th 2013
Immediate

RMT TO BALLOT STATION AND PLATFORM STAFF ON WEST ANGLIA ROUTE OVER ATTACK ON PROCEDURES

Rail union RMT confirmed that is will begin balloting staff from today on Greater Anglia’s West Anglia route for both strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over the ripping up of agreed procedures as the company try to bulldoze through the removal of station cleaners posts.

Greater Anglia has been endeavouring to scrap cleaners on the West Anglia stations and have been attempting to rush through these proposals, consequently bypassing procedures agreed with the union. As a result of their actions they have forced RMT into a dispute situation and the union’s executive committee has agreed to conduct a ballot of all Platform and Station members on the West Anglia Route for strike action and industrial action short of a strike.

In line with the executive committee’s decision, ballot papers will be despatched to members home addresses, today, Wednesday 11th December 2013 and the ballot will close on Monday 6th January 2014.

RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said:

“RMT will not tolerate a situation where Greater Anglia choose to ignore and abuse agreed procedures in an effort to bulldoze through changes that have serious implications for our members and, potentially, the quality of service offered to the travelling public.

“Greater Anglia have been informed that RMT remains available for talks and we hope that management will see sense and take the necessary steps to resolve this dispute. We are urging our members to vote ‘YES’ for industrial action in this ballot to send out the clearest message to the company that we will not tolerate them riding roughshod over their own procedures.”

ENDS
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 24
The Leamings must want extra days off at Christmas .

( And before I get personally attacked , I was a member of this Union during my Railway Career , before I retired )
Andrew HA.

Offline cesar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 25
RMT? Balloting for a strike?  Goodness, how unusual.....