Author Topic: First Northampton Happenings 2013  (Read 8935 times)

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 542
  • -Receive: 92
First Northampton Happenings 2013
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »
Posted here because Traveline think the service is registered to First Northampton although, judging by the legal ownership, First are not so sure.

The Luton Airport to Luton Parkway service was operated by four vehicles yesterday evening:

FCC liveried:
Y186HNH which did not seem to have a fleet number. Legals show this as First Essex.  There is a picture and history of the vehicle here http://www.flickr.com/photos/21611052@N02/3592296511/ (not my picture).  It is now in the current FCC bus livery.

T3FCC - an artic - legal lettering for First Essex.  Picture and history here http://www.flickr.com/photos/21611052@N02/4848817862/  (not my picture) This is the current livery

T5FCC - an artic legal lettering for Northampton Transport Ltd

In standard First buses livery, 66972 with legal lettering for Leicester Citybus Ltd.  This finished by about 1930.

Irrespective of the company shown, all the legal addresses were Westway, Chelmsford.

Offline andymacp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: First Northampton Happenings 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
It is correct that the service is registered to  the First Northampton operating license. All FIRST operations in Eastern England have the Westway address. ie Northampton, Essex and Norfolk & Suffolk.

Offline SURREYMAN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 28
Re: First Northampton Service Cuts & possible Redundancies
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »
From another web site
Apparently in the Northampton Chronicle.

By Wayne Bontoft
Published on 15/03/2013 12:07

Jobs could be lost and bus routes cut in Northamptonshire following an announcement by First Buses.

An internal memo which has been seen by the Chron suggests jobs could be lost at the bus company’s Northampton depot due to the impact of the recession on the transport industry.

The memo also suggests some bus services could be cut, but does not say which.

It said: “It is with regret that I have to inform you that we are proposing to discontinue a number of services in Northampton.

“We have begun the collective consultation process with the trade unions on the possibility of some redundancies at our Northampton depot.

“I can appreciate this is unsettling news for the employees at this depot and it will also be unwelcome news for our customers who use these routes.”

The staff memo suggested cuts to services in Northampton are needed to secure the long term future of First’s operation in the town.

It said: “Some of our routes in Northampton have under-performed for some years.

“We are now faced with extra cost pressures due to the economic climate and cuts in external funding to bus operators.

“Unfortunately, in this instance it means we need to discontinue services in order to ensure the long term sustainability of our operations.

“We are working through a detailed plan to recover performance in our UK bus division and equip the business to achieve sustainable growth and improved returns.

“While we have to face the fact that we are living in challenging times, we will only consider taking action such as this after we have made every effort to seek out alternatives and I am truly sorry that we now have to propose the possibility of making some redundancies.”

A spokesman for the bus company confirmed to the Chron that cuts were being considered due to the economic climate.

She said: “Following a review of our Northampton business, we have announced that reductions to services may be necessary to ensure the long term sustainability of our operations.

“This is obviously unsettling news and we have begun the consultation process with colleagues at the Northampton depot.”

Offline AN68

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
Given the low PVR (approx 33) any cuts to services can only mean that there is no long term future for First's operations in the town. (Stops typing to let the crescendo of cheers die down). I suspect that as soon as the cuts are announced, probably in next Wednesday's N&P, Stagecoach will immediately register replacement services of a far higher standard. I do hope service 4 is one of them.

Adam Dowling

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »
Why bother with all the expense and negative publicity from cutting back services......and instead just pull out altogether!! If all the previous cutbacks and transfers in of clapped out Scanias haven't managed to make it profitable, what on earth makes them think that further cutbacks will? Sorry to say it, but "same old First".

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »
I wonder if this is when UNO suddenly registers a couple of routes, using all those spare discs ?

Dale

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
It's funny how the "economic climate" is affecting poor operators much more than good ones.  For example, Norfolk Green has thrived throughout the tough times!

Offline SURREYMAN

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 04:38:02 PM »
Why bother with all the expense and negative publicity from cutting back services......and instead just pull out altogether!! If all the previous cutbacks and transfers in of clapped out Scanias haven't managed to make it profitable, what on earth makes them think that further cutbacks will? Sorry to say it, but "same old First".

Can only hope they do pull out completely, however it maybe that with no buyers coming forward, they are 'Managing decline' i.e they desperately want to stem losses so will reduce their operations (I would like 100% but 50% as a short term 'fix', will do OK).
If they do scale down the operation rather than closing it down 100%, I wonder if they will close the depot and find/use a cheap outstation on an industrial site?
It's tough on the staff but I would like to think that Stagecoach would register any cancelled services and take on ex First Staff.
Before anyone asks, I have no knowledge of Northampton bus operations but would love to hear from someone who does, which routes are the worst performers?

Offline Dale

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »
Perhaps someone nearer will know better but I'd always felt that routes 2 and 4 were the only ones likely to be worth running - even then the 4 now has competition from UNO. I never know about the 29/30 as they've suffered competition from Meridian for many years.

Presumably, the 28 is due for the chop (and the 12 ?)

Dale

Offline SURREYMAN

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
A possibility?
Have First offered the Northampton operation to potential buyers who, when they looked at the figures, drew a sharp intake of breath and said something to the effect of 'No way would I take on the whole operation(Parts of the business are heavily loss making) but I might be interested in routes A B & C' on their own.
From Firsts point of view the biggest Liability is Staff (buses can be sold/replaced, so can depots).
To a potential buyer, staff transferred under TUPE come with their existing Pay rates, terms & conditions, continuity of service etc.
I can't believe a potential buyer for part of the business would be prepared to take on more staff than needed to run the scaled down business, nor would they want the depot.
I believe First own the freehold to the depot? This can be sold to a property developer, it is probably the only asset of any value in First Northampton.
So maybe first have to 'Right-Size' the business before they can sell whats left (It's also not such a huge PR disaster as closing the whole thing down and making all staff redundant).
Hopefully 'The future is bright - it's not Purple & Pink & Grey!'

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 29
  • Not 933, but twin sister 934.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
Posted on the VOSA website today......

PF0007071/337 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Kings Heath
Finish Point: Camp Hill
Via:
Service Number: 12
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 12-MAY-2013
Other Details: To operate a 15 minute frequency Monday-Saturday and half hourly on Sunday

I assume this is to be a cross-town service, which duplicates/replaces (?) existing First services 12, and 29/30.

Offline AN68

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »
I don't think that will be the last one.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
I don't think that will be the last one.

PF0007071/339 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Shelfleys
Finish Point: Parklands
Via:
Service Number: 10
Effective Date: 13-MAY-2013
Other Details: Monday - Saturday half hourly service

plus

F0007071/117 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Northampton and Brackmills given service number 53 effective from 24-Mar-2013. To amend Timetable.

PF0007071/333 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Brackmills and Northampton given service number 51 effective from 24-Mar-2013. To amend Timetable.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline John

• Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 06:58:25 PM »
So this would just leave the Kingsthorpe area (First Northampton routes 4 and 4A) not served by Stagecoach. Could this be seen as Stagecoach not wanting to make a predatory move on UNO with possible retaliation?

Will be interesting to see where Stagecoach get the extra buses from if they are not new builds as most decent cast offs have been used at Wigan and Chester.

Offline AN68

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
I think it is only going to be a very short time before Stagecoach register services to Kingsthorpe. UNO are in no postion to be able to retaliate against Stagecoach, if they did there would only be one winner. Bring on the beachball!!

Offline bmnpton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »
So they just going to keep route 2 then? does the 51 then replace the 23?

Offline John

• Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 11:47:29 PM »
So they just going to keep route 2 then? does the 51 then replace the 23?

Maybe Stagecoach does not know what routes First are withdrawing and are registering the new services to mark their territory.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 12:01:38 AM »
I've been going through timetables tonight - the one early morning bus Stagecoach have on the otherwise-First-operated Service 4 (from Sunnyside at 0603) I totally forgot about....
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 12:16:18 AM »
51/53 are changes to existing industrial estate services - but covered by the below...

Northamptonshire Service Revisions
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=6984 for full times

The following changes will be made to services in the Northampton area from 24th March 2013

Last Updated : 21 March 2013 11:54

Service 1
Following the successful award of a Northamptonshire County Council tender a new half hourly off peak extension on route 1 to Brackmills Industrial Estate & Northampton General Hospital (A&E Department) will run Mon-Fri (every 20 minutes to Northampton General Hospital on a Sat).

Some early morning / late evening journeys on Mon-Fri extend beyond Rectory Farm to Brackmills via Ecton Brook and Nene Valley Way to provide a Weston Favell / Eastern District direct service to Brackmills.

A similar situation will be run in the opposite direction to coincide with the main shift changing times at Brackmills on Mon-Fri with buses departing Gowerton Road – ASDA distribution centre and running via Nene Valley Way and Ecton Brook and then becoming a service 1 from Overstone to operate via the Rectory Farm loop and return to Northampton Town Centre via Eastern District and Weston Favell.

Click for timetable
Click for map

Service 5
Following the successful award of a Northamptonshire County Council tender, additional morning journeys on route 5 will run Monday to Saturday between Duston and Northampton General Hospital (Cliftonville opposite A&E)

Click for timetable
Click for route map
Click for Hospital map

Service 7
Most journeys up to 1910 will be retimed to run 5 minutes earlier throughout to improve spacing of journeys with other Stagecoach services along Kettering Road

Click for timetable
Click for route map

Service 8
Morning and early evening journeys revised as a result of low patronage.

Changes include the withdrawal of:
•    0544 journey from Northampton to Towcester (a replacement journey is available at 0540 which will be revised to operate via Tesco)
•    0725 journey from Northampton to Weston Favell
•    1815 journey from Weston Favell to Northampton
•    1942 journey from Towcester to Northampton (there is still a departure at 1950 from Towcester to Northampton).

Click for timetable

Services 9 / 9A / 9B
Monday to Saturday evening and Sunday journeys extended beyond Town Centre to Northampton General Hospital and Weston Favell following successful award of a Northamptonshire County Council tender.

Click for timetable
Click for route map

Services 16 / 17
The town centre to Riverside section of service 17 will be covered by an extension of service 3 from Rye Hill. Buses running between Weston Favell and Billing will be incorporated into the new 16/17 service (see below).

Service 16/17 will continue to provide a 10 minutes service from Northampton town centre to Weston Favell Centre and Ecton Brook. However route 16 buses will run via Standens Barn (Topwell Court) and route 17 will run via Fishponds Road (providing a replacement for the old 17 service). This will allow an improved 20 minute service for those living on the northern end of Billing.

Late evening journeys will be withdrawn from Ecton Brook as a result of low patronage.

Click for timetable
Click for route map

Services 22 / 22A
Off peak Monday to Saturday journeys revised to run 15 minutes later throughout.

Click for timetable
Click for route map

Service 38
The 0750 journey from Northampton to Moulton Park will depart at 0745.

The 0749 Mears Ashby to Northampton journey will now start from Moulton Co Op at 0811.

Click for timetable

Service 39
Off peak Monday to Saturday service rerouted in Kettering between The Trading Post and Kettering Town Centre to run via Lake Avenue, Kettering Leisure Centre and Bow Hill  in preparation for the replacement of the ‘local service’ on route 49 / 50 (from 31st March)

Service retimed to provide better spacing of departures along Kettering Road in Northampton and with service 38 between Moulton and Northampton.
Off peak journeys extended beyond Greyfriars bus station to Northampton General Hospital (A&E Department) to maintain facility from Kettering Road following curtailment of service 52.

Click for timetable

Service 50/50A
Following the successful award of a Northamptonshire County Council tender we will provide additional Monday to Saturday journeys to Swan Valley Industrial Estate & Shelfleys (West Hunsbury).

Service will compliment existing service 50 journeys to / from Swan Valley and Pineham.

Buses will run between Northampton Town Centre and Swan Valley via Edgar Mobbs Way and Upton Way and will extend beyond Wincanton distribution / Sainsbury’s to Shelfleys via Danes Camp Way and Ladybridge Drive

Click for timetable

Service 51/53
Following the successful award of a Northamptonshire County Council tender we will run journeys linking Brackmills Gowerton Road with the Eastern District on Monday to Friday which continue to Weston Favell from Overstone as service 1 .

In addition most journeys arriving Brackmills from the Eastern District will run to Greyfriars Bus Station via Pavilion Drive and Northampton General Hospital. Most journeys departing Brackmills Gowerton Road for the Eastern District will have started from Greyfriars Bus Station and run via Northampton General Hospital.

Journeys are specifically designed to coinside with the main start and finish times at Brackmills

Timetable to follow

Service 52 (renumber 10)
Monday to Friday journeys between Town Centre and Brackmills withdrawn following Northamptonshire County Council’s funding an extension of route 1

Town Centre to Parklands journeys are renumbered service 10 and times are revised to provide better spacing of journeys with other Stagecoach routes along Kettering Road

Click for timetable

Service 89
The 0709 journey to Milton Keynes withdrawn as a result of low patronage and minor alterations to timetable following review of services required to / from Bus Station.

The 0606 from Central Milton Keynes to Northampton journey will start from Towcester Square at 0709 on Mondays to Saturdays.

Click for timetable

Services X46 / X47
Evening journeys revised as a result of low patronage – with some journeys currently running to Thrapston operating to Higham Ferrers / Raunds

Click for timetable

---------------------

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=6992 for times for the below

Kettering & Corby Service Revisions
The following changes are to be made to services in the Kettering and Corby area from 31st March 2013

Last Updated : 22 March 2013 16:51

CorbyStar 1

Frequency reduced from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays

Sunday& Bank Holiday service withdrawn due to lack of patronage and withdrawal of financial support

Click for timetable

CorbyStar 2

Service 7 running from Lawns to Tesco is revised to run via Exeter Estate and extended to Asda and Rockingham Road/Stephenson Way on Monday to Friday.

0850 departure from George Street to RS Components / CBA replaced by 0836 service X4 departure which arrives at RS and CBA before 0900

0555 and 1921 George Street to Priors Hall circular journeys withdrawn due to low patronage (alternative facility available to RS Components and ASDA on 0535 service 2A from George Street and new 0605 ASDA to George Street journey)

Sunday& Bank Holiday service withdrawn due to removal of financial support on Sundays – George Street to ASDA section partially replaced by an extension of service X4

Click for timetable

CorbyStar 3

Minor change to late afternoon journeys.

Click for timetable

CorbyStar 7

Service 7 running from Lawns to Tesco is revised to run via Exeter Estate and extended to Asda and Rockingham Road/Stephenson Way on Monday to Friday.

Click for timetable

Service 18

The 1700 and 1800 departures from Kettering to Market Harborough retimed to depart at 1705 and 1805 and operate 5 minutes later throughout to provide better departures for passengers finishing work at 1700 and 1800.

Click for timetable

Service 19

The Corby to Kettering section of route is rerouted in Corby to remove the Gainsborough Road / Colyers Avenue section due to low patronage. Buses will run direct between Uppingham Road and Oakley Vale.

Buses extended beyond George Street to ASDA via the new Tesco site to offer new facility and in part replacement for service X1 (see below)

Service retimed between Desborough and Corby.

Buses run half hourly with service X4 from George Street to ASDA and provide two buses per hour back from ASDA.

Connections available with service X1 between ASDA and Oakley Vale / Occupation Road / Stephenson Way at George Street.

Buses to run via The Grange at estate’s shift changing times

Click for timetable

Service 39

Off peak Monday to Saturday service rerouted in Kettering between The Trading Post and Kettering Town Centre to run via Lake Avenue, Kettering Leisure Centre and Bow Hill replacing the ‘local service’ on route 49 / 50.

Service retimed to provide better spacing of departures along Kettering Road in Northampton and with service 38 between Moulton and Northampton.

Off peak journeys extended beyond Greyfriars bus station to Northampton General Hospital (A&E Department) to maintain facility from Kettering Road following curtailment of service 52.

Click for timetable

Service 45

The 1835 journey from Wellingborough to Irthlingborough on Mondays to Saturdays is withdrawn due to low patronage.

Click for timetable

Service 49

Off peak journeys between Kettering Town Centre and Lake Avenue / Leisure centre replaced by diversion of service 39

Some journeys extended from Kettering to Brambleside replacing service D and providing a half hourly facility between Kettering Town Centre and Brambleside (with service 50)

The 0742 Nene Park Clinic to Kettering Town Centre Monday to Friday journey now starts from Boundary Avenue Rushden at 0726 and run via Skinners Hill at 0731 and Higham Ferrers at 0737 replacing the 0725 Boundary Avenue to Corby service 50 journey.

Click for timetable

Click for X1/49/50 summary

Service 50

Off peak journeys between Kettering Town Centre and Lake Avenue / Leisure centre replaced by diversion of service 39

Some journeys extended from Kettering to Brambleside replacing service D and providing a half hourly facility between Kettering Town Centre and Brambleside (with service 49)

The 0725 Boundary Avenue to Corby College Days journey replaced by back starting the 0742 Nene Park Clinic to Kettering service 49 journey at Boundary Avenue. 

Click for timetable

Click for X1 /49/50 summary

Service B

Route B will be revised to provide a 20 minute direct service between Almond Road, Stamford Road, town centre and Tesco/ Venture Park.

Click for timetable

Service C

Minor changes to timetable to improve reliability.

Click for timetable

Service D

Route D will be split into two sections.

The northern section of the route: from Brambleside to Kettering Town Centre will be provided as part of the 49/50 service. This will allow for a direct route between Brambleside and Rushden/Bedford.  The frequency will be reduced to half hourly as a result of poor patronage.

The southern section of route will be renumbered B and continue to provide a 20 minute frequency from Tesco/Venture Park to Kettering Town Centre. These journeys will also continue onto Almond Road and Stamford Road

Click for 49/50 Brambleside timetable

Click for B timetable

Service X1

Following the loss of funding from Northamptonshire County Council for the extension of service X1 to Priors Hall, buses on Mondays to Saturdays will end at Corby, Stephenson Way.

From Corby buses will run via Forest Gate, Occupation Road and then via a clockwise loop using Stephenson Way and Rockingham Road returning to George Street via Occupation Road.

The section of route between George Street and ASDA / Priors Hall will however be covered by service X4.

Existing arrivals at RS Components at 0826 and 0856 are covered by service X4 extensions. The 1542 departure from RS Components / CBA will also run as service X4.

Click for timetable

Click for X1/49/50 summary

Service X4

Altered Sundays and Bank Holidays service to Corby ASDA and will operate via the new Tesco store (two hourly frequency) part replacing withdrawn service 2.

On Monday to Saturday, journeys running to Corby Priors Hall, will run via the new Tesco site and depart George Street slightly later than present.

The 0700 departure from Northampton to Corby retimed on Monday to Friday to depart Northampton at 0650 and operate 10 minutes earlier throughout. On arrival in Corby journey is extended to RS Components / CBA via ASDA arriving RS Components at 0825.

The 0750 College only journey from Wellingborough to Corby retimed to depart Wellingborough at 0744 and operate 6 minutes earlier throughout. On arrival at Corby George Street the journey will continues to RS Components and CBA via ASDA arriving RS Components at 0851

These last two journeys replace the existing 0826 and 0856 arrivals at RS Components on service X1

An additional journey will depart Corby Business Academy at 1542 for George Street arriving at 1602 to cover for the existing peak academy journey on service X1

Customers can change at George Street on to either service X1 towards Oakley Vale and Kettering departing 1613 or service X4 to Danesholme Road and Kettering departing 1615.

Finally buses departing Corby in the Kettering / Northampton / Milton Keynes direction between 1540 and 1810 will operate 5 minutes later throughout.

Click for timetable

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »
Hot off the VOSA website this morning :-

PF0007071/338 - UNITED COUNTIES OMNIBUS CO LTD T/A STAGECOACH EAST, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE, ROTHERSTHORPE AVENUE IND'L ESTATE, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8UT
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Northampton
Finish Point: Sunnyside
Via:
Service Number: 3
Effective Date: 09-JUN-2013
Other Details: Frequent service up to every 10min day time, Monday to Saturday, half-hourly evenings and Sundays

So Kingsthorpe is not being overlooked by Stagecoach, and we have the prospect of First/Uno/Stagecoach all vying for a slice of the action in this part of town. Interestingly (to me anyway), the use of route number 3 recreates an old NCT service of that number to Kingsthorpe. I think the blinds used to show "Kingsland Avenue" and in later years, "Eastern Avenue".

So what is left of the First network to be duplicated by the competition ?

By my reckoning, just the 2 to Rectory Farm, and the 4A to Acre Lane.

Offline bmnpton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 10:14:40 PM »
So where are Stagecoach going to get additional buses from ? How many buses gonna need for these new routes?

stagecoach106

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »
Well by then stagecoach cambride will have 11 spare mans . They could go there along with darts all over the place too.

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 08:04:22 AM »
Well I guess this is a better tactic by Stagecoach .
 If they tried to " Takeover " or buyout First in Northampton . The idiots at the monopolies commission ( or what ever they brand themselves this week ) will go into overdrive etc . And we will have another North Devon fiasco !
Andrew HA.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 04:55:14 PM »
hmm - related? If so proves the theory why they had been there all along...

PF1076118/27 - UNO BUSES (NORTHAMPTON LTD) LTD T/A UNO, GYPSY MOTH AVENUE, HATFIELD, AL10 9BS
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NORTHAMPTON UNIVERSITY, PARK CAMPUS
Finish Point: RECTORY FARM ESTATE
Via:
Service Number: 21
Effective Date: 03-JUN-2013
Other Details:
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Stonechat

• Thank You
  • -Given: 278
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »
Suzy, Rectory Farm is Stagecoach territory, not First.

Tony

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 05:49:16 PM »
Tony,

First do run their service 2 to Rectory Farm (at the moment anyway).

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »
... and also note that

(1) current 21 ends in Northampton Centre, and,

(2) the Uno Buses Ltd. company name now has the word NORTHAMPTON in it. Didn't know that before today.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Stonechat

• Thank You
  • -Given: 278
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
Yes, I had forgotten the 2, sorry about that

The question, for all operators, of terminating services in the town centre is made difficult because the new Bus Station (sorry, Interchange in the current jargon) will have only half of the existing capacity at Greyfriars. Stagecoach seem already to be altering services to avoid terminating in the centre.

Assuming UNO extend their exisiing service 21 to Rectory Farm, the question must be "Which way will it go?"

Tony

Offline passenger933

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
Yes, I had forgotten the 2, sorry about that

The question, for all operators, of terminating services in the town centre is made difficult because the new Bus Station (sorry, Interchange in the current jargon) will have only half of the existing capacity at Greyfriars. Stagecoach seem already to be altering services to avoid terminating in the centre.

Assuming UNO extend their exisiing service 21 to Rectory Farm, the question must be "Which way will it go?"

Tony

That is a very good question Tony......

If it goes via the Wellingborough Road and Weston Favell Centre, I cannot imagine Stagecoach (they have the monopoly along this road) standing idly by and watching this happen. If it goes via Kettering Road, both First and Stagecoach cover this route along most of it's length, and again Stagecoach would likely retaliate in some way, although I doubt if the same could be said for First.

Offline Andrew Morgan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 36
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
hmm - related? If so proves the theory why they had been there all along...

PF1076118/27 - UNO BUSES (NORTHAMPTON LTD) LTD T/A UNO, GYPSY MOTH AVENUE, HATFIELD, AL10 9BS
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NORTHAMPTON UNIVERSITY, PARK CAMPUS
Finish Point: RECTORY FARM ESTATE
Via:
Service Number: 21
Effective Date: 03-JUN-2013
Other Details:

I was talking to a Uno driver in Welwyn Garden City today and he says that Unos four Enviro 200s are going to be transfered to Northampton due to them starting a new route or changes.