Author Topic: get the elites why you can  (Read 1856 times)

stagecoach106

get the elites why you can
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
Peterborough are to lose there natex this year this will result in a fitter be made redundant

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 532
  • -Receive: 90
Re: get the elites why you can
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »
Any idea who has got the contract?  I assume NX are not taking off the routes.

stagecoach106

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:10:21 PM »
Any idea who has got the contract?  I assume NX are not taking off the routes.
No idea. Galloways or ambassador  could be taking on the clacton area bits

Offline John

• Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:55:23 AM »
Are these Elites leased or owned by Stagecoach?

Offline SURREYMAN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:56:52 AM »
Peterborough are to lose there natex this year this will result in a fitter be made redundant

This could be wrong or out of date but Info suggests that some of these vehicles are out-stationed at Walton on the Naze, Mablethorpe, Lincoln & Grimsby, N.E routes 447, 448, 449 & 484 (may be out of date?) - Don't know how this works out with drivers, where do they stay?
With the exception of Walton on the Naze, all these locations are in Lincolnshire, near Stagecoach East Midlands depots.
With Megabus expanding there must be a growing 'conflict of interest' with N.E.
First & Arriva have quit N.E work, maybe Stagecoach plans to follow when current contacts expire?

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 532
  • -Receive: 90
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
This could be wrong or out of date but Info suggests that some of these vehicles are out-stationed at Walton on the Naze, Mablethorpe, Lincoln & Grimsby, N.E routes 447, 448, 449 & 484 (may be out of date?) - Don't know how this works out with drivers, where do they stay?
With the exception of Walton on the Naze, all these locations are in Lincolnshire, near Stagecoach East Midlands depots.
One of the duties each day is from Lincolnshire to London then out to Clacton, ovenight and then back the next day.  It is usual, though I don't know the specific detail, for the driver to take a pre-booked room in a local hotel.  One of the services from the north west that terminated in Cambridge always stayed at a hotel near Whittlesford station.

These short and long combinations coming into London are quite common.  They are designed to get the most out of the driving day where an out in back is not possible within the drivers' hours

If the service goes to another contractor, the drivers have the right to TUPE across to the next operator. This could result in Galloways having drivers living in Lincolnshire for example.

Galloways could take over two of the diagrams working out of Clacton.  I think their current arrangment with the Clactons is that the drivers operate out of Clacton and changeover the vehicle in London each day with the Ipswich coach so the coach retuirns to base every other day.

Galloways are used an example.  I have no infomration on whether they have this contract.

The issue with Stagecoach competition is relevent.  However, it is just as lightly that they are pulling out for operational reasons.  First and Arriva do not compete with NX but will probably have withdrawn because staffing NX is a diversion from bus work.  The drivers are a separate group - possibly paid less than the bus staff.  Covering their absence can be difficult especially where the coaches start from remote locations etc etc