Author Topic: David Wightman.  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Bob

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 34
David Wightman.
« on: March 23, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
Hello everyone,

I don't know quite where to post this, but David's local historical knowledge knew no bounds...

I have just received the following from his son David Jnr, via Facebook.

"Bob thought I'd pass on a message to you about my Dad a fellow bus enthusiast. He has been battling cancer and is in his last few days of fight under hospice care at home here in NC. Thank you for being a friend to him and enjoying his passion for the hobby. It has truly been his escape from the realities of life over the years. Taking him to Showbus for his 70th birthday is something my brothers and I will never forget. Please pass on the message to those who you think may know my Dad.

I will try to post details when that moment does arrive that he has gone on to the ultimate upper deck!

Regards

David Jr."

Please spare a thought for David Wightman, and his family.

Bob Tarling.

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
Re: David Wightman.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 02:55:08 AM »
It was a shock to receive the message on Facebook - I met David at Showbus when it was his 70th birthday.

Although I only met him in person on that one occasion, it was fascinating to hear his recollection of earlier 'Whippet' days, plus his contributions to the forum were also very much of interest.

My thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.

Offline Bob

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 34
Re: David Wightman.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »
Good Morning everyone,

Just a brief note to say that David Wightman has passed away. He is no longer suffering and is, to quote his son David "I am glad that your spirit has arrived in heaven where there is no pain or suffering and double decker buses never break down."