Author Topic: Recent rail replacement activity at Peterborough  (Read 2617 times)

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 494
Recent rail replacement activity at Peterborough
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »
The last few weeks have seen lots of RR from Peterborough to Ely, and other parts of East Anglia. Most has been operated by the usual operators from East Anglia eg Freestones,Richmonds,Andrews,Simonds etc.

Today I took a picture of one of the Youngs double deckers that was on standby, and although they have had them for a few months I had not seen them before.

I also photographed a coach belonging to New Horizon from somewhere in Essex and the driver was extremely abusive about me taking a picture of 'him'. I tied to explain that it was the coach not him, and the amount of CCTV cameras that photograph him but his defence was just a stream of F word abuse.

the Abelio controller and the Youngs driver were taken aback by his attitude and wondered what his problem was, to which he then drove off. So if you come accross a New Horizon coach, you may be facing a stream of abuse if you attempt to take a picture, so be warned

Adam Dowling

Re: Recent rail replacement activity at Peterborough
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
Young's have a pair of these Palatine II's, gotta say they look fantastic :)

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »
The standby vehicle at Peterborough railway station today was a Freestones vehicle - Megabus liveried

KX07HDJ

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »
Today, Peterborough railway station was completely closed to trains. As a result there was lots of coaching activity from a huge variety or operators, including Stagecoach East Midlands liveried rail replacement buses, Youngs, Harrods, Sun Fun, Ausden Clark, Simmonds, Bryan A Garrett, Hamilton(Uka), Kiddles liveried, Johnson Bros, P&M, Collins, Talisman, Dickinsons, Starline, Mil-Ken, Longthorne, Fowlers and Saffords.

I spent two separate hours down town/railway station so I am sure there were several others involved.

I was told that Huntingdon was absolutely 'choc-a-bloc', so I don't know if anyone was down there from the forum.

Huntingdon and Grantham were the main hubs for north and south bound East Coast and First Capital, whilst Peterborough also dealt with Greater Anglia, Cross Country and East Midlands as well as the other two. Stamford, Ely and Grantham were the connections for some of the services, whilst all stations to Lincoln were also being served by coach.

I suppose that Huntingdon and Grantham were also being used for Hull trains and Grand Central, as these services go straight through Peterborough a they are not allowed to stop.

Offline grandad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
Some Grand Central trains were diverted to St Pancras
Flog

Offline Stonechat

• Thank You
  • -Given: 278
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »
Two Hull Trains services in each direction were routed to St Pancras yesterday. EMT also laid on a number of HSTs to and from Grantham via the MML

Tony

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 07:48:55 PM »
RTT does not show any GC trains running, apart from two ECS between Heaton and Sunderland.

A good offering by EMT with Nottingham trains extended to Grantham, but unfortunately the Liverpool trains terminated at Nottingham.

Offline Tony

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:04:59 AM »
limited platforming at Grantham i would of thought for the Liverpools terminating at Nottingham....not enough space for the St Pancras trains, Skegness services and the East Coast services that were starting at terminating there....