Author Topic: More Busway problems  (Read 2578 times)

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
More Busway problems
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
http://feedly.com/k/13rpAlf

More bad news re the Busway.  I wonder if it will still be in one piece by the time Northstowe gets built!

Adam Dowling

Re: More Busway problems
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »
Not a problem unique to the Busway of course - just take a look at the Fen Line (Cambridge - Kings Lynn)...subsidence around there a while ago caused the trackbed to shift out of alignment with the overhead wires, stranding at least one train.

I remember walking along the Kings Hedges stretch before it was opened and thinking some of the gaps between the beams were a little large - didn't the council inspect it properly before handover?

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Indeed, but the Fen line wasn't built only recently!

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 119
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:29:52 AM »
I remember walking along the Kings Hedges stretch before it was opened and thinking some of the gaps between the beams were a little large - didn't the council inspect it properly before handover?
I believe there is still a court case ongoing over the claim by the council that the builders failed to complete the project to the specification whilst BAM Nuttall claim that it was fine.  I don't know whether this issue would be related to any of the issues the council were unhappy about but they certainly weren't happy with the busway as it was handed over but BAM Nuttall weren't going to do anything about it as they thought it had all been sorted.

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »
Wasn't the purpose of Jackson construction's involvement to make it fine before it opened?