Author Topic: Cambs bus service changes September 2013  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
Cambs bus service changes September 2013
« on: August 05, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
From Cambs CC PTU

We are writing to notify you that the County Council has received registrations to alter a number of Stagecoach and Whippet services in September.

We have taken this opportunity to break down the changes and their impact into the table attached.

For full details and copies of the timetables for the Stagecoach services please contact them directly on 01223 433250, email them on Cambridge.enquiries@stagecoachbus.comor visit http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=438

For more information and copies of the timetables for the Whippet service 1 please contact them directly on 01954 230011 or visit www.go-whippet.co.uk

For copies of the new Whippet 18 timetable please contact the County Council on 0345 045 0675; and for more information about the changes being made to the Busway service please call Whippet on 01954 230011

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 545
  • -Receive: 93
Re: Cambs bus service changes September 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:21:04 PM »
Thanks to Suzy for posting this summary.  I think whoever wrote in the County was having a bad day.  I have no idea what is happening to the 13s from this which might be because I am not personally involved or because it is not at all clear.  Similarly, the Citi 3 is badly written (Fison instead of Fison Road) and took a second read to work out that the Newmarket Road destinations were served alternately.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »
Hmm - you thought that too? The person who has been doing these is leaving in a few weeks to be replaced by someone else.

Anyway, one not on the list is Service 31 which has been won by Whippet - see timetable attached.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 166
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
I wonder if Whippet will run it, this time? The last time they won this contract they subbed it out to Andrews.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline gc_bus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 486
  • -Receive: 65
  • Lovely Leyland Leopards :-)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
Interesting that Whippet will have the 31 back again. Who'd have thought that? Also, quite a few Whippet changes on Busway Service C.

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 121
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:12:41 PM »
I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit confused.

The changes to the 3 are unfortunate; at the end of the route it was already very unreliable and when I lived there I found you could easily expect a 30-40 min wait for the buses that were supposed to be every 10 mins.  As they are breaking the link between Whitehill and Dudley / Fison anyway (the people going to the school in Whitehill will have something to say about this...) I wonder if they would have been better making a large loop of Cambridge > Newmarket Road > Whitehill > Dudley > Fison > Newmarket Road > Cambridge.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:28:33 PM by barryb »

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »
PF0000459/29 - CAMBUS LTD T/A STAGECOACH IN CAMBRIDGE, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN
Variation Accepted: Operating between Fison Road and Fulbourn given service number 3 effective from 27-Oct-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK