Author Topic: Arriva opens new Travel Centre in the Mall, Luton  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 527
    • ScotBus
Arriva opens new Travel Centre in the Mall, Luton
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:58 AM »
Arriva opens new Travel Centre in the Mall, Luton

Arriva officially opened their new travel centre, located in the middle of The Mall on Tuesday 8th October 2013.  Paul Adcock, Arriva’s Managing Director and Mark Broadhead, General Manager of the Mall performed the ribbon cutting to open the shop.

Located in Central Square the travel centre is open 7 days a weeks.  “We have seen in other towns that having somewhere people can go and speak to a real person about travelling by bus is really important.  We are delighted to be opening a new travel centre in the Mall, the location is great for all our current customers and potential new customers to find out more about bus travel in the area.  With the Busway now fully open, more and more people are interested in finding out about bus travel so this was the right time to open a centre”

Mark Broadhead, General Manager for the Mall added “Many of our shoppers travel to the centre by bus so this is a great facility to offer them so they can now plan their journeys and obtain travel advice whilst also purchasing tickets. The timing is perfect, coinciding with the recent launch of the Luton & Dunstable Guided Busway.”
As well as providing information, the travel centre can also sell local bus tickets, Green Line tickets to London and National Express tickets for their services across the country.  Arriva have also launched a new smartcard and cards can be topped up at the shop too.

With the closure of the travel information office in the Central Library at the end of November, Arriva are hoping to be able to offer other services that are currently available from the library including cheaper train tickets for days out and coach trips and holidays.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline David Stewart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 36
Re: Arriva opens new Travel Centre in the Mall, Luton
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 09:06:47 AM »
Fine for Arriva pasengers but the closure of the "bus bit" in the Library may well mean that other operators publicity may no longer be available in Luton Town Centre. The library presently stocks  Centrebus, Grant Palmer, Stagecoach (81 and 99) and Nat Ex timetables as well as Arriva.   If it is like Arriva's offices  at Aylesbury or High Wycombe Bus Stations, it may be that they will only stock t/ts and provide information for Arriva.   If anyone has visted the new place, and in the interests of passenhges, I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

And after their "experience in other towns" ?     Remember that they closed their offices some time ago in Stevenage and Watford Town Centres (these have never been replaced), and more recently their Town Centre enquiry offices in Kent in Dartford, Gravesend and even in Maidstone, in favour of random and often inaccurate info at libraries and other odd locations.   At least at Chatham and at Guildford, they are "required" (perhaps under sufference) by the local authority to stock other operators' publicity.   

Beware of Press Releases!
Dave Stewart

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 527
    • ScotBus
Re: Arriva opens new Travel Centre in the Mall, Luton
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:22 PM »
Fine for Arriva pasengers but the closure of the "bus bit" in the Library may well mean that other operators publicity may no longer be available in Luton Town Centre. The library presently stocks  Centrebus, Grant Palmer, Stagecoach (81 and 99) and Nat Ex timetables as well as Arriva.   If it is like Arriva's offices  at Aylesbury or High Wycombe Bus Stations, it may be that they will only stock t/ts and provide information for Arriva.   If anyone has visted the new place, and in the interests of passenhges, I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

And after their "experience in other towns" ?     Remember that they closed their offices some time ago in Stevenage and Watford Town Centres (these have never been replaced), and more recently their Town Centre enquiry offices in Kent in Dartford, Gravesend and even in Maidstone, in favour of random and often inaccurate info at libraries and other odd locations.   At least at Chatham and at Guildford, they are "required" (perhaps under sufference) by the local authority to stock other operators' publicity.   

Beware of Press Releases!
Dave Stewart

Indeed Dave - as what I thought, except the Arriva leaflet carousel went "missing" from the enquiry desk in The Mall around the busway start. I did see a guy who I didn't recognise in Arriva uniform with some timetable boxes, and I stopped at the enquiry desk (looking for the carousel) and I couldn't then see where he went. Only one I could see for sure was the now-replaced 100-102.

Maybe, just maybe, they've been asked to pay rent? lol
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending